Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have always understood that its important to understand the background and education levels of the students in my class.  A setting is not a one size fits all situation.  I know from experience myself that being understood by me teacher brings a certain level of confidence and eagerness to learn and absorb the information taught in class.

Being able to bring real life situations into the classroom will spark attention to the subject and make retention so much easier for me and my students.

I found this course to be very interesting, knowing the different age groups, cultures, and learning methods are very important for an instructor to know.   

I learned how to understand the different needs of students when they are thrown into a new environment. I believe that having the ability to understand the different needs of students will create a positive classroom environment and create respect between teacher and student. 

Learning about where your students are in their learning will help you as a teacher understand how to place people in groups or know how to approach different situations. It is important to know to also handle diverse classrooms as well as age groups.  

It is important for instructors to recognize, identify, and respond to cues students give about frustrations and fears to aid in the retention process.

It is important to know the student's ability, needs, and experiences. All of this will play an important role in their learning.

That it's important and helpful to learn about the students in our class, to better understand their needs.

This section had interesting information about how to mesh the range of students of varying ages. It also was helpful to go over potential frustrations that could be brought up in the learning environment to anticipate them.

Sign In to comment