Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This course was a magical adventure, highly recommend

The course was very informative and helpful! It is a good reminder to keep in mind that we are training individuals to be successful in their careers, so we need to focus on their unique learning needs. Everyone needs a support system to help them through life. It is crucial to have a clear understanding of the students different needs and the kinds of support we can provide as an instructor. 

Framing my lecture around experiences my students can relate to will be most beneficial. 

The retention of many students is the direct result of the career goals. I can help them to refine their goals as they become more confident and established in their training sequence.

As instructors and people who have experienced potentially more scenarios and events share our stories in education, we can still learn from the student and their stories as we discuss cases and events.

This course teaches the instructor to teach students from students' perspective, with that being said, as they might be coming from different cultural backgrounds, and unique life experiences.  

I think that using real life examples and telling of experiences makes it real for the student and allows the learning to further sink in.

I learned to be teach based off of how the students learn. make the discussions something that they may be able to relate to within their lives or what they are going through.

From this course I have learned the importance of learning individual students experience levels as well as reasons for attending classes. This information will help me guide my students in the direction that is needed.

I learned in this section that using real-life experiences can help and be more understanding, know your students to have a better understanding to help and guide them in any way.

This course was very helpful.  I learned ways in understanding that each student is different and learn in different ways. Understanding in a students prospective is important. Unique teaching allows instructors to encourage and support students and allows the students to succeed in class.

I think understanding why students are getting their education is a great way to tailor their experiences in classs.

It is important to meed the needs of students and help them develop career goals.

This course enlightened me to be more aware of common core values of student success in the classroom. It’s given me more insight on how to identify these values and what I can do as an instructor to improve and better equip the students. 

This section helped to to understand the importance of identifying and learning student needs to help motivate them, keep them engaged, and support them to assist them in being successful. I also learned that it is important to be professional and incorporate boundaries when assisting them.

Each student is unique and comes with their own learning styles and life experiences.  It's important to be able to adapt to students of different ages, backgrounds, etc. so that they can be successful.

Being aware of the content needing to be taught and use the best method to deliver it. For example, if I am teaching injections, the best way to teach is hands on demonstration and return demonstration with guidance and support.  If I am teaching about a specific medication, it may be good to have a visual presentation of the medication and what it would look like. 

Sign In to comment