Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to understand the various ways of testing and when it's best to use them. Tests are important to indicate how well students know the course's material. It is crucial to be mindful of the different types of tests to cater to the different learning styles of your student body. Using various types of tests will give you a better overview of your student's knowledge and understanding.

In this module, I learn about different types of the assessments including the limitation and some tips to create such assessments. I will definitely try some of the assessments in my class.

This module discussed the importance of different test formats and how to use each one effectively.  

I learned about testing and how individual questioning techniques can be used to for something specific.  This could be knowledge, memory retention, and skillset development.

It was very interesting learning about the wide variety of test options we have when making tests for our students. Since I have course material already set aside for my course, I have been focusing on the importance of covering that information during lecture and lab so the students are aware that it will be information worth knowing down thel line. 

In this module I've learned how different types of test are formulated to test different things.

I've learned that different questions are created to test different types of knowledge...I intend to apply this whenever I create new course assessments.

This module enforced the value of different testing methods.  Going forward, i will try to be more cerebral when deciding which testing method to use.

Different assessments address different learned amounts of knowledge. 

In this lesson I learned the different types of exams/ tests and the pros and cons of each. It's exciting to experiment with the different options for different courses.

Doris Owens

As an instructor I am always open to learning new things and with the student perspectives they always have something we can grasp and learn from their view.

Using different types of test questions can show you how a student understands the material. The different methods use different ways that knowledge can be tested.

The different types of test and why or how they are used  in relations to how we as instructors teach.

Different types of tests are used depending on the material being tested.    Not all types of tests can be used for the same theory.   Each type of test will help evaluate a student's knowledge.

The process to create different types of questions to assess the students knowledge. Things to avoid when creating the questions or choosing a specific type of questions. 

This section gave me a greater understanding of when to use certain test methods. 

After going through the course materials, I found the explanations on formative and summative tests very helpful. I have taken many tests, but understanding the types of tests and why they're used is extremely helpful in updating my course. 

Different testing and evaluations must be executed depending on assignments, learning objectives, and other aspects to your learning environment. 

when creating assessments there are several avenues you can take. It is important to use material that covers the topics discussed in your classroom/ lab. Assessments are a great tool in learning the skill levels of the learners.

It is good to use different styles of testing to help you know what the students are learning 

Sign In to comment