Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It was great to learn about the different types of tests to distribute during the class and their different strengths and weaknesses. Also good to know when is the right time to give certain tests and when not to so you don't deplete student confidence in learning the subjects in class.

I learned that are different kinds of testing. It is important to use the correct testing for the right material since different methods of testing target different knowledge skills. This helps reduce the confusion among students. this was a very informative topic.

using different kinds of questions in each test helps students understand material in more than one way

Very informative.

Conduct diagnostic test to know students' current knowledge.

Testing is important and this definitely gave me more insight on how to formulate a decent test.

It also gave my an idea about test banks that already possibly exist. These tools are great to have as an instructor that at times has classes of up to 26 people. I also appreciate the important suugestion of Clarity through proper word choice and question development. unclear questions creates confusion and doesn't focus on the gaol of testing.

I learned how to more effectively create exams and to make sure they are created to assess what the student has learned and not to show what they do not know.

It was interesting to learn of testing strategies and the best way to use them. 

I have a better understanding of essay questions and jst the different forms of tests being given.

The take away is the different types of test and how to format them.  The questions shold be clear and trick questions do not help distinguish someones knowledge.

Very informative segment. I have learned why exactly different form of test are used and the criteria that goes into constructing sound reliable and valid test.

Great module on testing.  I like the concept of adding extra options to the "matching" tests to really make the student consider what they know. 

It was good to see the strengths and weaknesses of different types of assessments.  Using negative grading also looks like an interesting tool to help keep students focused on what needs to be done. 

Make sure your test is designed for ALL the student different learning abilities.

It is good to always remember that the main goal of a test is to measure what the students know rather than what they do not know.

To construct a test that will measure the true progress and competence of your students you must what and how it is to be measured. There is a number of different assessment options from which you can choose. In choosing an assessment format make sure that you are satisfied that the format chosen is one that is fair, accurate, and allows students to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise. You should experiment with alternative assessments. You will find with experience that you will be able to construct an assessment format that will generate results beneficial to you and your students.

Understanding assessments and how they can be using to gain knowledge about what students have learned will aid instructors in how to move foward with teaching and engaging students. 

There are a large number of tests that can be used, based on the material that is taught.

Learning assessments are a way of determining if the course is success. 

Learnt about types of evaluations

Sign In to comment