Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This section covered different testing techniques and their pros/cons/uses. If a specific pre-made test is given to me, I will need to be sure I plan my lessons to include the information given in it so my students are properly prepared.

I enjoyed the examples of the Classroom Assessment Techniques CAT's to help me make exams.  

I have learned about the effectiveness of implementing a multitude of testing styles. I will apply this into the classroom by creating several versions of the same test to meet student needs year by year. 

Great examples of when and why you would use different styles of tests. Multiple-Choice, True/False, Matching, Completion, Short Answer, and Essay. 

Effective testing helps determine the student's absorption of the material and effectiveness of the instructors' teachings. This way results can assist instructor adjust the teaching style o increase student academic achievements.

I learned about the different types of tests and some techniques for writing test questions.

This module offered insight into the various evaluation methods and test formatting options. Each type of test serves a different purpose and provides insights into our students learning and progress. In my classes, I use a combination of these tests to gather understanding of my student's abilities. These assessments allow me to adjust my teaching methods if needed. 

different testing options allows instructors to move through course content quicker or redirect the teaching method of students are not grasping the material. 

I learned the many different test forms and how each one has a specific purpose to remembering the course material. 

I have a clearer understanding of various test and their purpose.

The various testing methods can provide for objective and or subjective results. In each testing method the approach to developing questions relies on first establishing an answer that supports the question. What is certain is that people in general, namely students, will respond differently to testing methods. Just as there are different learning styles, there will be differences in retention by students.

Multiple choice test are widely used. Also some test can come from book CD’s. I will begin to use my CD to create test.

Use different assessments depending on amount of course content.

In this module, I learned the different types of assessments that can be used to capture a summarization of a student's newly acquired knowledge. 

I have learned about the different types of tests of a course and how this helps us as instructors to know the strengths and weaknesses of the learners so we can modify the learning activities. 

There are different types of assessments. Deciding which one and what you are trying to assess is important. One thing that I learned was that when testing for mastery of vocabulary you should use the term rather than the definition in the stem. I think When teaching medical terminology that would be helpful.

I have learned that the tests should evaluate different skills and objectives. Though I have no control over my tests, I may introduce polling via virtual experience to enhance the class situation.

i feel mixing True/False multiple choice and fill in the blank tests give a greater amount of a students comprehension of the material

I've learned how implementing different types of tests can be better for certain job skills and knowledge retention. 

Asking questions is very important as a student as well as an instructor. The content, tone and delivery of asking questions is key to encourage student participation in a group discussion. 

Sign In to comment