Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

if I am going to use essay-type questions I need to be specific on what I want for the response, i.e. length, structure, content

Writing tests requires a lot of design consideration . After studying  the material in this section I will be reviewing all of my tests and doing some thoughtful editing.  I want to challenge the students with tests that are tailored to my teaching style.

I learned from this module many different ways to test according to how/ways you are teaching. I feel using a few different test could help student that have different learning styles.

I have learned that depending on learning objectives and where in course the test is being given and/or if summative or formative determines what type of test is used.

Understanding and applying different testing techniques is important in determining several approaches in assessing students understanding and application of material covered

Assessments need to be based off of what was taught and be able to assess for the information the instructor is trying to assess. 

It is important to be creative in the was to educate and understand student perspective

The differences between types of questions and evaluating knowledge

Assessments need to be constructed to test students knowledge on what has been taught.

This information will be helpful in designing and delivering tests and now have a better understanding of the different types.

Testing of knowledge and performance uses a variety of testing methods.  There are subjective testing methods and objective testing methods, each focusing on different forms of knowledge and performance for particular career paths and disciplines.

No true/false. Our school uses standardized tests

Utilizing various test types would serves as a tool to obtain the more precise student evaluation.

Utilize multiple forms of questions for different levels of assessment. Focus on information required for licensure. 

I gained a better understanding of all the different types of tests and test questions and when it is appropriate to use each kind.

There are several types of test questions, some easier than others to formulate and multiple/matching questions may be more difficult for some students.

I learned the different types of tests as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each. Fortunately, our tests are created for us. HOwever, I see when I was making my own tests, I was not selecting the best types of questions to test student knowledge. I was usually requiring them to recall information rather than use higher level thinking.

There were clear examples and discussion of the benefits and pitfalls for various types of test questions. It seems best to match the type of question to the content or application you developed based on course objectives. 

This module made me understand that a test is only as effective as the material taught. You must know what it is that you're trying to measure when creating a test.

The details of objective and subjective tests.

Sign In to comment