Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Develop tests that will evaluate the type of material being taught. 

Designing tests and assessments takes a lot of deliberate thought to be sure we are testing the breadth of the learning objectives and written with complete clarity for the students. 

The two most important characteristics of a test are its content validity and reliability. A test's validity is determined by how well it samples the range of knowledge, skills, and abilities students were supposed to acquire in the period covered by the exam. Reliability is determined by how consistently the test can be graded and how well the test discriminates between students of differing performance levels.

Gives a better understand of all the different test and how they work.

I gained a greater appreciation for the ways by which specific test types met learning objectives.  I had never given much thought to how certain tests addressed learning objectives, but now I know that I can better address learning objectives by creating the appropriate assessment.

Different types of assessments will be required depending on the phase of the instruction and the purpose of the assessment

The purpose of the different types of tests and ways to ensure the student truly understand the material

Test are a great way to check the student knowledge via objective or subjective test.

Evaluating the students' retention of knowledge allows the instructor to evaluate their ability to educate the learners in a course.  By examining an exam from the perspective of a student, a teacher may better prepare an assessment to capture the essential information presented throughout the course.

Different types of assessment will provide different levels of evaluations for students

I learned more about best practices for constructing exam items. I hope to be more thoughtful in multiple choice items. I also think it’s helpful for instructors to consider exam and quiz items immediately following each class so that they ensure alignment. 

I have learned to be more intentional with how I make test questions. I will try writing them after I cover the subject in class to be more accurately connected to the content delivered.

There are so many ways to test! We need to figure out what works best for us and what we hope to gain in testing.

I learned many different types of assessments and when it may be most appropriate to use them. 

Finding different formats of test and choosing the one that will work best for you and your students.

I have learned that for every lesson taught, an assessement of how they are learning and what they have learned is essential.

In this module, I learned the different types of tests, and the pros and cons of each type. 

Creating tests that represent differing taxonomies and that meet learning objectives is an art. We need to ensure that we cover the topics and vary question types.

There are many styles of tests. 

How and when to use appropriate tests for students.

Sign In to comment