Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A mix of learning styles helps to really meet their learning needs.

To obtain a window into their students' learning styles an instructor can incorporate assessment questions into the course introduction discussion.  

Understanding the classroom 'makeup' is composed of various learning backgrounds and it is my duty in incorporate all learning styles into the lession to achieve the success of each student

The learning styles and knowing them are very important, by understanding the learning style and discovering student's preferred style of learning, it makes it easier for both professor and student to follow the direction of that particular style and help the student learn faster.  

I appreciate how the VARK systm of teaching will help me navigate students strengths.

My biggest take away is no only learning the different learning styles, but also ensuring that I don't fall into the habit of teaching the way I prefer to learn.

The course teaches how to incorporate and identify different learning characteristics.  I can effectively deliver a great learning experience that will help all my students be successful in learning the material and not just a percentage by understanding how they learn and access the best delivery while still keeping time management to the curriculum. I can incorporate many styles of learning on the same topic at the same time.  

Using a mix of approaches to reach various learning styles will give you the biggest opportunity for students' retention and comprehension of information. Something that really stood out for me was in that video, the instructor said in the first 2 weeks of taking a class, your students ARE their classroom comments. So he suggested you need to be empathetic to the students right away and make them feel supported in what they say. One way of doing that is having them expand on a comment. Another way is to praise them at the end of class on their way out.

By paying attention to each students learning style I can better help each student understand the material

I like the 4 sensory modalities. especially for students that are slow in learning.

Have different teaching styles to help students with different preferred learning methods.

It is great for the school to conduct learning style assessments so that the teacher can have more insight to the students in their class.

I understand that this may also be on the individual teacher to assess but I believe this is a great way to connect with the individual students as well. How awesome would the experience be for a student who knows that the teacher is trying to give them content in their preferred learning style.

We need to recognize that there are different learning styles. Not everyone learns the same not everyone teaches the same.  A good teacher will recognize those styles and utilize them in their teaching methods. 

I learned that while most of the students in the Culinary Arts program are kinestetic learners, I need to be aware that they can and should learn using other learning styles.

Is it important to remember that students have different learning styles and as instructors we should use different methods of presenting info to accommodate. I also liked the HBS video speaking to participation and how terrifying it can be - it is important to create a supportive climate and be empathetic and encouraging.

People have different learning methods. We must apply all of them in our lectures and teaching.  We must remember that everyone is different.

Not all students learn at the same pace or in the same way, some are listeners others visual or hands on. You have to be able to adjust as a instructor to meet all the different styles.

Understanding of different learning styles can help you structure your teaching methods.

The different learning styles are appropriate to reaching students in their learning ability to comprehend the material.  I will be touching on all learning styles and incorporated the one that is more apt to reach the students.

So far I have learned the many different stratagies to better address the different styles.  I have also come to realize that my learning style has changed or maybe one style has become more dominant over another.  In the past i needed to see for myself however now I am quite comfortable with auditory and would jot down anything that I feel need more clarity.

Sign In to comment