Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are several ways to blend teaching styles. We can present information to students and ensure that it's well received when we incorporate more than one learning style with how we teach topics.

Doing a assessment of learning styles at at begining.

Students learn in a variety of ways.  It's important for the Instructor (whether Didactic or Clinical) take this fact into account in order to incorporate various learning styles into teaching so that all students feel part of the class and not left out because their learning style is not used. 

It is important to know the different styles for how a student and you yourself learn. 

I am able to consider how to tailor my teaching to the learning styles of my students 

It is important for the instructor to be aware of all the learning styles and to address as many of them as possible while teaching as it will provide for better retention among the students and better grades. 

It is imperative that students learn their own learning styles in order to be successful, not just in school, but in life. Learning is life long and the more persistent the more successful.

Multiple different learning styles need to be incorporated into the teaching platform. 

Even though I may be more comfortable teaching content in a way that I can learn it the best, I need to broaden my horizons and offer all different types of learning modalities. This will ensure that I reach all of my students.

I've known about different learning styles and how to teach for each one. The sad thing that just dawned on me during this presentation was that I need to know what my current class' learning styles are! (Insert sad horn sound here.) What do I plan on doing? My students take a learning style inventory at the beginning of the semester to help them know their learning style, but we don't have them communicate the results with the instructors. I'm going to have them post their report in the gradebook so that I can take an inventory of my classes learning styles and then focus on tailoring it to each class.

It is important to have students identify their individual learning styles so that they can incorporate strategies and tools to assist their learning. This helps with student engagement. Faculty will wish to incorporate various methods so that all learning styles are addressed. Then it is important to get student feedback about what felt effective to them (satisfaction). And faculty can look at other metrics (testing, return demonstration, group discussions) to measure effectiveness. 

There are four learning styles, auditory, visual, written, and kinesthetic. It is important to know you students' teaching style preference in order to help you students to learn most easily and effectively. 

The process of collaboration of a variety of disciplines facilitates brainstorming ideas, sharing, solving problems, and team building. This technique ensures all modes of learning and creating. 

I agree, as teaming up all like minded learning styles yields common thoughts and ideas whereas, arranging groups with different learning styles yields better, well rounded, and  more thoughtful ideas.

I need to learn the various learning styles of my students and make sure I am using a variety of teaching techniques to reach 100% of the students.

Though well versed in learning styles, I have never assessed the learning styles of my students at the beginning of a new semester. This is now a practice that I will use with my students.

These modules have taught me that it is important to be aware of the different learning styles that students have in order to meet their learning needs. It is also important for students to be aware of their own personal learning style and also open and flexible to learning and consuming content in a variety of ways in order to be set up for success in the real world. I will apply these concepts in the clinical setting. 

I've learned that, while it is important to be able to learn in a variety of styles, learners perform better on tests when the content is presented in their learning style. This could mean incorporating a variety of question styles to appeal to the different learners.

This helps me to remember my students all have their own style of learning and that I need to make an effort and accommodate all learning styles in my teachings.

It is important to learn the different learning styles in the classroom

Sign In to comment