Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructors need to hold their learning preference in check and not rely on to teach because it is the style most comfortable. On other hand, students will benefit from activities that accommodate learning differs from the prefered style. Both teachers and students need to show flexibility. 

I plan to be much more sensitibe to there being different learning styles and I hope to better design more comprehensive approaches to relaying content and making it relevant. If I were to pursue a PhD, I'd be very interested in researching the relationship between learning styles and problem-solving and social styles. But, I do not at this time plan to pursue a PhD.

When an instructor understands that their students learn in a variety of ways it allows the instructor to tailor their classes to ensure the students retain the key points. 

I was very enlighted how you can use various methods to get students involved that may have issues with learning different ways. 

JORGE GONZALEZ 

I learned to identify conditions that will help my students Learn, Remember, and Achieve their goals concerning their learning preferences where they nidentify the methods of instruction that may help them learn most effectively.

Because students perceive, gather, and process information differently, I plan to develop a more integrated presentation of materials. When possbilbe, it would be great to create more iteractive projects.

Learning styles vary from student to student and a diversity in learning modes should be utilized to appeal to as many students' preferred learning style as possible. 

It's imperative to know both the students' preferred learning style, as well as your own as an instructor.

It is important to know the different types of learning styles so I will be able to incorporate them into to my lessons.

It is my intention to give students the learning styles assessment and then alter my lessons to meet the various learning styles.

Some faculty do not believe in learning styles but I do. Before I teach, I give a learning styles test for my students to complete. The results from the test aided me with giving them advice about how they should study for assessments.  The results also provided me with information on how I should give different types of assessments to meet the learning preferences of my students.

In order to maximize learning in the classroom environment, one must understand all ways that students retain/take in new information. The more styles you incorporate into your lessons, the more learning can occur.

Blending learning styles may take imagination and planning. However, I think I can accomplish it by starting with small projects.

The module allowes me to see how I have incorporated multiple learning styles for my own benefit while understanding how I best learn. I will continue to utilize multiple modalities as it is important to be skilled in more than one way of learnI gotta.

Doing an assessment of the students' learning styles in the first day of class seems like a great idea. 

weave in various methods of instruction

Have heard of the learnign sytles before but never considered a Learning Style Assessment! Great Idea! I am going to dicuss having the students do a Learning Style Assessment annually, that will color code them in our system so I can 1- be reminded of their learning style, 2- ensure I am including assignments tailored to their needs, and 3- assign them to groups while being mindful of their learning style. Thanks!

Great discussion on Learning assessment. Had not previously considered including a Learning Style preference assessment, but now souds like a great idea thanks. This will help ensure balanced approach to delivering content. 

Learning styles are a combination of cognitive, emotional, and motivational factors. By considering these factors and using a multimodal approach, educators can accommodate all learning styles. 

Adding in teaching styles is so important, especially in the new online learning environment.

Sign In to comment