Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

its important to account for various learning styles. and its best to use a variety of teaching methods to be an efficeint instructor

I have been using a learning style assessment the last few years and its very helpful in guiding a particular cohort, but I always cover bases by offering a variety as most students have their own blend of learning styles. Nice to know more about why from this tutorial. 

The sensory modalities and their complementary strategies were a great resource. I'll be incorporating them in my future lecturs and labs for sure. These modules have definitely made me want to rework my lectures to appeal to all my diverse learners.

Everyone learns different and by applying different teaching styles the teacher accomodates these differences and bridges the learning gap!  

I learned that everyone has different learning styles, however they should try and use more learning styles besides their dominate style. When creating lessons, projects, etc. I will incorporate variious learning styles so that all learning styles are being met. 

Understanding different styles of learning can assist me in tailoring the delivery of content in a manner that is suitable to my audience and more effective. Such approach maximizes learning. 

I learned that as a teacher you learn different and you shouldnt teach the way you learn. Each student learns different and before starting a new class you should be able to inquire with your students the way they learn. When this is done this will help you to proceed with class in a matter of how to teach your class. 

intersting theory concerning "variety"

The biggest takeaway for me was the realization that at any given point my instruction is only truly effective for about half of the students. This point makes me realize that I'll have to provide a variety of instruction within each lesson to maximize their learning.

By knowing how to assess a students perferred learning style, I can develop activities and content to better reach the whole of my students and reduce the amount of students that "struggle" with the content.  If all of the students learn, then I have helped reduce the amount of delays in "catching" students up with the material.

Reply to Jean Dugrot's post: Great takeaway, having students learn in multiple ways is both helping themselves and the instructor.  

I enjoyed the different practical examples of alternative ways to teach material that would normally alienate those students who learned via different mediums than which you were presenting. 

Hi everyone,

Learning styles and understanding them are very important in the world of adult learning. The way a person receives his or her information gives the instructor, or whoever is conveying the lesson, a a few tools to help get the information out in a more efficient manner. It is also very important for the instructor to have the insight to look at his or her teaching method and make the conclusion if that is an effective way of relaying the information.

Understanding what styles of learning there are and how they impact the students gives an instructor a better change of reaching studends of a wider learning gap.

This explanation allows the most flexibility within any classroom teaching (method) which will allow the most participation by both teacher and student

The interesting part of the instruction was illuminating the tendency that instructors often project their own learning styles onto their learners.  Thinking back on previous "block of instruction" I have presented validated that fact for me.  I also liked the depth of the presentation of each of the learning styles and sensory modalities learners prefer.  I enjoyed the multi-media method which allowed me to read and hear the presentation simultaneously.  Overall a nice introduction to this module. 

Learning can be fun, rewarding, and insightful Let us remember everyone learns diffently.

I am glad we are re visiting learn styes . I have a student he is quit smart except for math. I am puzzled how to help him have self confident to even stop selling himself short. He is an adult learning.

I enjoy using different  teaching style while teaching my subjects. utilizing small groups with different learning styles can keep my class engaged. 

I enjoy all different ways of learning so combining each style into a class is a preference for me.

Sign In to comment