Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Interesting that a 10 to 15 percent retention rate increase can be obtained by using a students perferred style.

I would like to know each students preferred learning style from the beginning of the class.  I will include it durinng the initial class introduction.

Having a name and description for the different learning styles was important so I can plan accordingly for upcoming instruction.  I feel that I have always known about the different styles and awkwardly worked through it.  I plan to implement the idea of having students fill out the survey that identifies what type of learner they are, so I can adjust lesson plans.  This will help reach most if not all of my students stay engaged by switching styles.

This topic allows us intructors to understanding that each students have different learning preferrences thatis effective to them. Knowing this allow instructor to taylor instruction methods to deliver certain particular group of students. Combination of methods may also be effective to cater every students ability to learn. I will definitely ask or do survey on what best instructions students prefer to guideme in my instruction method. 

Determining students learning styles in the first few classes gives you the information needed to select different learning approaches that you can use to deliver content. Student participation is necessary for the student's success. Students will need to removed from their comfort zones so they can learn how to learn in diverse ways, because many time learning content is delivered in the simplest way and may be weak on context, in other words the student may have to make something out of nothing or truly little. When students can adjust to the different modes of instruction student confidence increases, ultimately; giving the student a sense of “I Got This”.

Creating an enivironment for student success, which hightligts their individual style of learning is important. 

It is important to use address all teaching styles when teaching a classroom.

Is it important to know the audience of your classrom so you can flex your teaching style to youe students,  

Various learning styles should be the focus of buliding your learning platform

I plan to use a learning styles questionaire in the first few days of class to adjust my teaching.

I will definitle incorporate some of the teaching strategies in this module in my class to ensure that I include all the learning styles in my lesson.

It is important to identify what learning styles the students prefer. I think it would beneficial if there was a survey on the preferred learning styles of my students so I can cater to the student group as a whole.

Knowing and understanding each learning style and incorporating each in your teaching can help reach each student. In also will help with my/your teaching abilities and helping the students learn the information needed.

Learning the students preferred learning style early on will help them be successful. Blending students with different learning styles in group activities could assist on peers assisting with eachother grasping concepts.

If I'm going to teach something I should incorporate as many learning styles as I can in my presentation of the material. 

By taking into consideration various learning styles, implementing each one in some way is successful in students learning. Providing a survey on the first day can measure and provide insight on the learning styles of the classroom.

I learned about the different learning styles and how I will have to change up my classes/exercises from time to time to ensure that all the learning styles are met.  It will also be helpful to identify the students' learning styles in the beginning of the course so that I can help them succeed.

The idea of groupwork sounds like a great way to get students exposed to the many different styles of learning. It will also allow them to see how other students learn and hopefully introduce them to being exposed to a different way of learning.

I learned to not only assess my students learning styles but my own. I will make sure to not just teach the way that i like to learn.

In this module I learned about ways that I can identify and use different learning styles.

Sign In to comment