Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that kinesthetic learners could be helped by allowing them to stand, have study breaks, or even chew gum. I did not realize it, but I myself value those things. It seems like those with ADD could be placed in the kinesthetic category. In my future practices, I will highlight text more in power points, give short breaks, and allow students to stand if need be. 

Just making sure that we take as many learning styles as possible into consideration when we are teaching because students vary in there learning styles.

USING DIFFERENT LEARNING STYLES CAN HELP MY STUDENTS RETAIN MORE INFORMATION.

Different students require different learning styles so it is important as an instructor to be able to apply a variety of styles in the classroom setting.

It's an advantage for instructors to know different learning styles.   Students can alter lectures to give students a greater advantage.  

focus on different learning styles, partnering, peer learning- all great student engagement tactics. 

I've learned about different learning styles and will better be able to develop curriculum that incorporates different aspects of each to better reach all learners. 

This lesson was a great reminder of diversifying your teaching methods to match the various learning styles. I love mixing different methods of delivery throughout my lessons. I take pride in teaching the various learning styles, as I'm currently getting my degree, and I struggle with some of the classes as they teach to only one learning style. 

What each learning style does to learn best- brilliant B)

Presenting a variety of learning styles allows students to discover their learning styles, helping them with future classes and study habits.  

Adapting to new ways of teaching can ensure 100% of your class stays involved you must create a climate where students feel empathy so they actually want to learn. 

Various teaching styles can and should be implemented during a class. Take the different styles and integrate them for a more advanced approach to comprehension. 

This is the first time i have seen where learning styles are identified.  This will help me see what a particular students needs to help them progress in their learning.

Being able to be flexible in changing learning styles can change the feel and beat of the room there by keeping students engaged and interested in the subject matter and more retention of subject matter.

I see alot of benefit in this understanding of learning styles. I will try to use alot of these small changes to hopefully have a student benefit of better retention of subject matter  and a more at ease feeling with learning all content.

Ideally, learning styles, assumptions, classifications and conditions should intertwine with an instructor’s technique(s). For example, an instructor that is teaching a class in an auditory fashion might not get the message through to a student that learns and retains information best from visual instruction. The same could be said as this relates to emotions and problem solving. When combing these variables the instructor has to be a sort of a chameleon when disseminating a lesson plan among a variety of students with as many varying learning styles. 

Most relevant, different approach to get diversify of views.

I have learned that there are different teaching styles and they can be mixed to reach each individual. 

Learning acquisition have been under research for 30 years to understand how individuals develop students’ individual learning styles. This greater knowledge will help instructors and students develop greater ability to learn and retain new information according to each individuals innate and preferred learning styles.  

Comment on Valerie MacPherson-Collins's post

I completely agree with you. Recently, I have been listening to audio books and I find that I really enjoy it. The particular book I am listening to has the same author actually reading her own book, so it means so much more to me. It is as if, this author is jumping straight out of the book and into the the space that you are in. It totally helps to be immersed into the content of the book. 

Incorporate as many learning styles into group activities as possible

Sign In to comment