Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The platinum rule applies here. While the golden rule could be paraphrased to say, "teach others the way you want to be taught," the platinum corollary would be "teach others the way they want to be taught." And each member of your group may have different needs.

Since students learn in different manners it's imperative to understand that and to apply different learning styles throughout a course to reach all students. 

It's important to understand that there are multiple learning styles present in the classroom and include aspects of each into the delivery of the lesson.

That multiple learning styles can be combined in order to accomidate a larger audience of learners. I can also identify various techniques and explore which style will work best in a classroom setting.

I had never thought about my teaching style being reflective of my learninig style.  Understanding this I can make sure to adjust techniques as necessary based on assesments.

The four types of learners and the best methods for learning according to each type.

I believe what I have come away is to continue creating a space where all learning styles are addressed as well as encoruage studnets to work and help one another in the process. 

Everyone has a different learning style; including the instructor. Using as many strategies as possible to deliver course content will be suitable to cover most or all of the different learning styles so that each student can receive, retain and applicate the information being taught.

By designing delivery of course content to address multiple learning styles you can maximize the "reach" of course content. 

I have learned that I should utilize as many teaching tools as possible in order to reach as many different learning styles as possible. 

Employing teaching methods that reach all learning styles offers an way to reach most learners and enhance mastery by presenting new information in a multisensory approach

There are 4 different learning styles to be consider to when lecturing my students. By giving variety of informational sources and applying different delivery styles, I can achieve a great improvement in learning and teaching.  

I completely agree with you. I will always try to tailer my lectures and when I assign projects, I allow the students to teach the teacher and they will typically teach in the way they wish to learn, thereby providing insight.

By varying teaching methods to meet different learning style needs, students will be able to learn and retain information better and will be more successful in measured outcomes. 

To allow group work AND solo work as well.  

I have gained knowledge about the characteristics of each leaning style and the type of activities that would appeal to each learner.  Incorporating activities from each style will help students to grasp the concepts without leaving anyone behind.

Given the various learning styles of students, it is essential to understand the styles of your students and shape instruction accordingly.

If requested build is powerpoint only.  Involve the Instructor... advise and educate them on how to best serve ALL students with incorporating blended learning. 

There are many things to take into consideration when preparing to teach a class. Remembering the EESP from Rita and Calvin Dunn will help tremendously when preparing to teach. keeping in mind the sensory methods of learning will also help to prepare and keep the interest of different types of learners. Using AWVK will also help the learner try a different style of learning that they may not have tried in the past but may prove to be beneficial in the future. 

It is vital to understand that every student has a different learning style. Blended teaching to these different learning styles will probably be the best way to go. It is also beneficial if the instructor knows their learning style so they can relate.

Sign In to comment