Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

include various teaching styles and methods to help deveope learning skills  

Be unique in how you coordinate your class lecture

you want your class to be ingaged and be able to retain

the information you are giving.

I need to mix up the delivery and always allow for a short time in the begining of class to feel the room vibes so to speak

The key thing here is variety. Also preparation again helps the instructor and keeping a guide to your instructional notes keeps you from forgetting what to cover.

Using a variety of teaching methods to get different students learning abilities checked off as well as not having any lesson too long and drawn out

I need to remember that the average adult attention span is 15 minutes so I need to break of lecture segments with other forms of learning in order to keep the students attention and impart the knowledge they need to succeed. 

Make sure to practice a skill prior to demonstrating it in front of a class.

It is important to practice your demonstration prior to coming to class. 

I liked the suggestion to keep lectures short (10-15 min) and break these blocks up with some type of brief activity or demonstration.

This course has taught me to continously alter and change my presentation styles.  This will keep my students attention and provide an effective learning environment.

To remember that attention spans are only about 15 to 18 minutes and students learn about 5 to 7 things at a time. 

Keep organized and practice prior to class starting. 

Using a variety of delivery methods to ensure all the students accommodations are met. Also I believe that mini-lectures are great to implent into the lectures so the students are less likely to zone out or lose interest.

Everyone learns different some are visual and some are more hands on.  Creating a lesson plan should have all aspects of learning delivered to be able to reach the largest audience.

You should vary your teaching style to reach as many students as possible and practice your course demonstration before presenting it in the classroom.

Create lesson plans that utilize multiple learning styles to reach all students.

I plan in advance: 15min. lectures, in-class activities, audio-video-textual materials and etc. The more diverse my teaching strategies, the more chances to "hit" students' learning styles.

Instructors should deliver content through a variety of methods to maximize student success.

I try to make sure to keep my lectures straightforward and not to lengthy students tnd to get unfocused

The information on retention was fascinating.

The attention span of most individuals is in the 15-18 minute range.
We generally only remember about 25% of what we hear.
We normally only retain 40% of what we read.
We can listen 4 times faster than we can speak

Sign In to comment