Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Get to know your students names and little about them. Tell students about your experience. Try to create a relaxed atmosphere by letting students what to expect.

Continue to introduce myself to my students and learn about them by having them introduce themselves.

Making class feel personalized and connected is importatnt.

The syllabus is the bible for your class.

I recall my first time meeting the new members of my class as a student. Going back to 3 M's as educator, its important to learn about your students, learn thier names, and this gives them a sense of caring . That will be a great launching point of any class. 

Greet every student and attach something about them to help you remember their names.  Entrust students to you by giving off some information about yourself and experiences that might entice them or help them with the growth of their career.

Be early so you can greet students at the door. Have course name and number as well as your name on the board. This will alleviate some student anxiety. Start class on time, do introductions, class/course expectations and make sure your students know that you will be available throughout the course of instruction for help.

Initial activities, even introductions, can set the tone for the whole class and increase chance of interactive learning over the semester. 

Learn each students name, introduce yourself so that the class can get a better grasp of who you are and to display come commonalities.

First impression lasts long. A good beginning makes way to end well. It is import to start strong and positive as well as giving the students an impression that the class will be productive. I will continue to use that technique.

From this module, I took away the complete process when first meeting with the class. As thorough as it may be, it is imperative that students are well aware of the expectations of the class. These expectations aren't merely based on the instructor expectations, but on the complete expectations of the course. This will assist students in their understanding and this will leave less room confusion. 

Letting sudents learn about you and learning about your students helps break the ice

Remember the name of students and ensure they are comfortable in the class. They also need to know the goals and the isntructor will help them achieve the goals.

The instructor should always arrive well before the class time. He/ she should also greet the students as they arrive. This will give instructor the first encounter with them and also form an opinion of what to expect. Introducing one's self to the class is essential for the students to know you and be confident that you are an appropriate instructor. Of course students introduction is both important to the instructor and the class. 

There should be  a thorough discussion of the course and what it entails. The instructor should be prepared to answer any questions from the students.

I have always found that by getting to know the students and make them feel comfortable it is import to let them know about who you are 

and to understnad how you are there to help them be successful

Awesome information about first day success factors. Also I took some great notes to improve my syllabus!

It can be just as stressful for the Instructor as it is for the Students. By being prepared before entering the classroom, you relieve your stress and can help with the Students stress.

The first day of the class is to make students feel comfortable, welcome, and excited about the course.  It is important for them to know a few things about you, something their classmates, and they are able to share a few things about themselves.  It is very important to have an Ice Breaker activity that allows students to network in an informal way.  As the students leave the first class of the course they leave with a feeling of excitement and a sense of comfort and security.

Establishing the right mood for the class is important for not only yourself as the instructor, but also for your students as well. Arrive early, greet each student, have them introduce themselves, and begin to establish a community within the class are a good way to begin the first day of class. 

Ive learned its important to learn everyone by name and greet everyone because it gives the students a sense of importance and it makes me approachable.

Sign In to comment