Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of first impressions, setting the tone and being personable.

To make a seating chart so you can remember names quicker. Make students feel comfortable in our class.

Introduce myself effectively and help the students to know each other

Getting to know the students and learn their names quickly. Having this connection will allow them to be more receptive to learning throughout the course.

A proper intruction leads to a positive relationship with students.  Ensuring to pronounce names correctly.  A great to get to know each other excercise is to have everyone intruduce themselves and tell a little something about themselves.

It is important to share your background and interests with your students as well as getting to know their interests.

The first class meeting has the ability to set the tone for the rest of the course.

I always give a brief bio about myself so students understnd that like them I made through whatever class or program thay are going through

Knowing the students and facilitation of group bond activities help to create a long-lasting relationships throughout semester.

To support successful outcomes the instructor should engage with students at the individual level.

The biggest thing I took from this course is learning the students names, that way when I have to call on a student they feel acknowledged. Also breaking the ice on the first day to put everyone at ease 

Important to learn each student's name

Utilizing a pretest to evaluate the students progression of the program and knowledge obtained before beginning the class seems very useful in catering content to the class for their individual needs.

Retaining more information in class then what they read lastnight

Interesting

One must humanize his or her self to reassure students that you are, in fact, a human as well and that you aren't just a machine or unapproachable deity

The first day of class is very important in setting the pace for the term.  Learning the students names and introductions are very vital to make the student feel comfortable in class.   

Introducing yourself, humanizing yourself and your studen, taking the time to develop a plan and implement that plan into action is important in any classroom and the classroom you plan to teach. 

I feel like you should always greet your student and everyone around with a smile. Even if you may be having a bad day it still shows that you are there for those students. 

I will better able to conduct a first-class meeting with introductions and a firm plan to learn the student's names quickly.

Setting the stage for whatto come in the course is important, but I believe that it is equally important the the faculty member begins to sow the seds of getting to know his/her students and that the student are at ease. many students are apprehensive on the 1st day of class and showing that you have an intest in them as a person can go along way to ensuring they get off on the right foot.

Sign In to comment