Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of introductions and course expectations

Its important to create an environment that makes everyone feel seen whether if thats by knowing whats going on outside the classroom or just by simply knowing them by name. 

There is a lot of good info here. I especiallylike the fundimentals of remembering a students name

Meeting the class for the first stay is a very important day. It's your chance to tell a bit about yourself. You learn the name your students and get to know a little about them. Set the tone for the class on the first day and inform them what is expected from them and that you are happy to be their instructor. 

classroom interaction is a key aspect of course modification. By gadging the classes general knowlege course corrections can be made. 

Greet students and get to know them as well as letting them get to know you.

It is very important to know students name and to share life experience as an instructor. They will see we have a lot in common trying to reach a huge goal to be successful.

You want to make sure the students know that you care about them by learning their names. Doing 4x4 cards and making a tent to remember their names. 

Introductions are very important and help students feel more welcome and less nervous.

Setting the tone in your class from the first day is important for everyone to have their own level of comfortablity. It is important to have structure and guidelies to allow people to succeed in their own ways. 

It is important to try to learn the students' name, give a good first imrpession, tell about yourself, and why we got into teaching to help establish rapport with the students. 

remember names and give guides

I always have an icebreaker the first day of class. I want the student to feel comfortable with me, so if they have an issue they know that they can talk to me.

The students need to have a sense of comfort about their ability to succeed in the course and about continued progress toward their career goals.

I have always greeted the studnets as they entered the classroom, secondly, introducted myself and gave some background information about myself then let each student tell me a little bit about them, hobbies etc... Relax the nervousness, and create a more calming atmosphere.

Learning names and makeing a good first introduction!

Its good to introduce yourself on day one include educational bacground work experiences 

It is important to get to know the students a bit on the first day. 

Learn who your students are and their style of learning

It is important to learn students names as soon as possible.  This creates a feeling of belonging in the students and lets them know you acknowledge their presence.  It is also important to help students understand how they can positively excel in your course, knowing how and what to study.

Sign In to comment