Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

its always a good idea to have everything prepared and ready to go before students arrive

Planning and preparation can provide structure, stability, and a sense of safety for students, and is a necessary task for instructors to try to always achieve. 

From "Planning and Preparation" module, I learned about the different instructional components, such as goals, objectives, and methods of instruction.  I learned and will apply that it is always good to be prepared and to keep a notebook/checklist to make sure tasks are done.

rentention includes engaging, planning ahead and setting clear expectations. important to prepare self and come early to class

Most important takeaway from the course is that instructors need to be fully prepared with a thorough outlined syllabus in addition to all visual aids attributing to efficient student learning and rapport.

It is important for the students to know what they will be learning in a guide like the syllabus.

I learned the importance of being prepared, inclusive of taking time to know students.

Having a checklist can help ensure that important items are covered throughout the course.

The use of a checklist is very helpful and jotting down notes of items students have questions about that you may want to address at the next meeting if there is no time. 

Preparation shows dedication. It's important to be there early and ready for the day.

The same way you expect the students to come prepared, we should come prepared.

If you're not prepared it's going to show, I use a calendar and try to prep a week out, next time that course comes up I pull the last calendar and use it as a guide, I tweak it, and each time that course comes up it gets better and easier. 

Plan and prepare and tell the students what they need to expect so they get an idea the first day of the course. It sets the tone. 

It is important to have a check list with you on the first day of class to cover all of the important topics that need to be discussed.

I learned that getting to class early and prepared is key to ensuring proper teaching. Having a notepad on hand will help me keep track of any issues or things to remember. 

Be clear on goals. Planning is important.

Getting to class early to make sure everything is set up, looks good, and that you set a positive tone for the classroom before the students even arrive, is key to starting out on the right foot. 

Preparation is key to a successful teaching environment. Supplies, space, temperature, etc, meet the most basic of needs (Maslow's Hierarchy) and from there the students can focus on their learning experiences. The syllabus is a very important document. It not only sets the structure of the class for the students but defines the rules, explains the different learning environments, and sets goals and expectations. 

Creating a checklist to utlize during lectures to ensure all the relevant information is discussed with students.  And ensuring the syllabus contains all the details of the course, especially the objectives.

Being prepared, knowing the syllabus, objectives, methods of assesment are important. Objectives must be clear and precise so students know what they have to study.

Sign In to comment