Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Overall, I found this module intresting, & even though some items like Syllibus' are alreay established, they can be improved on. As well, cirriculum, goals & objectives, Learning activities, Methods of instruction, & Lesson plans, all of which can be improved on.

• Using a text book is where I am at now on both courses I teach, and have selected the pertanant information, & added supplementry content, & activities.

• I already have goals & objectives established, but should always be looked at for improvement.  These can be improved on by general directional indicators, using the A,B,C,D rule.     Audience,  Who am I teaching to.  Behavior,  What is it I whant the to acomplish.   Condition,   What are the rules,     Degree,    What is the level of proficiency they need to be at.

• The Syllibus is already established for both of my courses, but will be looking at these to improve on them as we move along. I listed 14 different points to consider when establishing a syllibus in my personal notes.  I also leaned that the syllibus is a legal document between the student & the instructor.

• Although the "teaching invironment" is establised at my institution, we are constianly improving on it, such as new equipment relevent to industry, & the classroom is set with many hands on & visuals that we are continually updating. Things that I will continue to look at on the short term is, are the visuals ready, is the white board ready, with markers, are any supplies ready for lecture or demonstration, as well as any materials needed for lab settings. This sets the tone for how the students perceve me & the course.

• Preparing early & carefully is very important, things that I will be doing more of is using a check list to keep my on track, in lecture, & will continue to keep a note pad close to make noted for later action.

I learned that it is important to plan out the course by starting with a course outline that i can then use to develop goals, objectives and day-to-day activites.

Be prepared and always have something to take notes for yourself!

Keep a check list. Make sure to be prepared and have a notepad

You need to be organized and prepared. You also need to understand how you present yourself first as a person and second as an instructor. 

The importance of being prepared, organized, and a checklist

Make sure the student understands and signs the syllabus after reviewing it.

no such thing as being over prepared. proper preparation promotes proper instruction.

Having an organized plan, or checklist, will help an instructor make sure they are staying on top of their own contracts, or syllabus, with the students. 

needing to plan at the last minute distracts from your look as a competent professor, and robs you of time to interact with students

Take time to learn about your students and get to know them. 

I love the idea of the instructor arriving early to class to engage with students, review names and create an atmosphere ready for learning that the students are already engaged in. 

Its important to plan and gather your thoughts have a generalized plan with notes so you can reference and have a point of direction.  

Its important to plan and gather your thoughts have a generalized plan with notes so you can reference and have a point of direction.  

Apphrasing students of  the particulars of the checklist and the import of rationale for these helps students to be aware of what to expect.

Having a checklist for all new classes, even as an experienced educator!

Well-planned is half-done. Making a checklist and following thoroughly will result success. 

Keeping a notebook list of things to follow up on with students is a great tool listed and I have used that to help me stay on task.

In this section I learned that being prepared is an essential part of teaching.

• Preparing for class is essential!  In the classroom/lab, instructors need to ensure that materials need for the class is available, lesson plans are prepared for the topic of the day, powerpoints are prepared, etc.
  • Arrive before the students so that you may greet them
  • Make sure the students understands the goals and objectives of the class by following the course syllabus and course outline.

Sign In to comment