Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

You cannont be a friend and to lead by example

An Instructor should be a good Model, Manager and Motivator. Each student's educational needs and learning styles are dersifferent, so every Insrtuctor will need to come up with effective teaching strategies that will cater to the different types of students/learners. One important trait an Instructor should project to the students is passion about the subject matter discussed to hasten enthusiasm and interest.

Be professional by preparing for each class.

I have learned that there are three major roles educators play in their careers:  model, manager, and Motivator.  Modeling can be as simple as beginning class on time each day.  I lso learned about the five C's:  Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed, and Clear.  Finally, the most important part of education is the leaning that takes place in and out of the classroom.

Stay focused, stay professional and lead by example.

That iit is good to always improve yourself as an instructor. Have professionalism and show your personality. Don't try to be the smartest person or you will lose.

You do not need to present yourself as the smartest, as that may actually be a downfall.  Follow model, manage, and motivate.  Students will need encouragement to keep them moving towards their goal-be ready to provide that.

This module made me realize how important it is to strengthen my competency as a person and a professional to deliver more effective instruction in the classroom. The instructor plays many roles and each must be taken seriously. 

Instructors are educators, motivators, and role models to their students and must always strive to help their students to succeed.

The soft skills is something new to me, but it makes complete sense.  I intend on using what I learned in this course into how I interact with my class.  I also plan to put together a development plan to go over with my leadership.

Learning takes place OUTSIDE of the classroom and always maintain a professional manner. 

Lead by demonstrating professional expectations in the workplace. 

Listen to the students and learn what they have to say about your teaching style and always be a professional

How best to create a positive learning experience for the students through modeling,managing and motivating while adhering to the 5 cs-credible,candid,compassionate,committed and clear and doing so with confidence and leadership.

I love to teach my topic, my job as an OB nurse of 40 years and teaching the theory as it relates to actual patient care. The woman has a headache, what's her BP? need to rule out pre-eclampsia. Is she diabetic? Whats her blood sugar? When did she last eat? feed her. Hows the fetus responding? any deviations in the fetal monitor? and putting it all together for a positive outcome. 

My new mantra for teaching: the 5 "Cs"

• Credible - Students must be able to trust what you tell them.
  • Candid - Be forthright in explaining student status, growth, etc.
  • Compassionate - Show your students that you care about them.
  • Committed - Show your students that you care about teaching.
  • Clear - Obfuscation (confusing people) is counterproductive.

From <https://www.jsou-cee.org/elc/mod/resource/view.php?id=705>

Do not forget to alwayd learn with your students. As instructors, we will never perfect our craft. We should always be looking on how we can improve each class!

I have learned the importance of professionalism on the part of the instructor as well as the students. I have always been taught to lead by example in life and this has served me well. i also learned that as an instructor I'm not just a "teacher" but a role model, manager, motivator and cheerleader. 

Pretty much the same things stated- as the instructors we signed up to be the leaders.  We have t lead by example and demonstrate professionalism and pass that on to our students.  As I have heard plenty of times,  " we are the professionals and we should know better" We have to bring out knowledge and our expertise and tailor it accordingly.

Model, manage, and motivate! Actively work on continuing your own education as an instructor and in your field to be the best teacher you can be.

Sign In to comment