Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files
  1. "Learning is the most important thing going on in the classroom/laboratory, not teaching. This is student-first teaching.

That is so true! In order to have an environment to learn, we need to be motivators in our areas of expertise!

find your style so you can be the best instructor as possible 

Lead by example. You as the leader must always take point.

Be excited about being there to instructor them in this subject. Don't assume you are the smartest person in the room. Lead my example and listen to your students so you can become a more effective instructor. Always be prepared to adjust your approach to become a more effective instructor.  Never stop learning.

Professionalism and being a competent instructor

To motivate students, you most show the 5 "c's" and be enthusiatic about the subject you are teaching.  

Convince the students that you:

- Love the subject

- Love them 

I really took to point the discussions about being yourself when you are trying to establish your teaching style and how things can go sideways if you try to emulate or act differently. I feel that being true to yourself and confident in the knowledge we have acquired in the field will help our students pick up on this and feel confident in the material we teach. 

Admit mistake and move on, lead by example. Dont be a pal

To not attempt to prove to the class that you are the smartest person in the room, and to make sure the students know that you care for them. 

I have learned about the importance of professional development in regards to teaching.

The 5 C's were the biggest point for me. Especially compassionate, not only with your knowledge, but towards your students.

Inside the classroom students are there to learn rather than to teach.

Instructors are role models, lead by example, professionalism, tact, communitcation, and being knowledgeable about your topic.  

Always present yourself as a positive, confident, knowedgable, and fair leader in a way that encourages your students to want to imitate you. 

Maintaining priority in making a professional connection with the other students in a way that conveys respect, but instills a sense of credibility. Conduct yourself in a way that emulates the professional world outside the classroom. By serving as a professional model you teach not only the material but also how the students must conduct themselves post-graduation. 

Also, stay humble. Show the students how they can be their smartest self not how you can be the smartest in the room. Key point here and very well delivered by the Harvard professor. 

Lead by example. Maintain a professional appearance as well as a professional attitude. Stay humble and always find new ways to improve yourself as an instructor.

One of the best ways to motivate students is working with them to recognize the positive progress they have made and to help them see their goal that is in front of them.

One of the best ways to motivate students is working with them to recognize the positive progress they have made and to help them see their goal that is in front of them.

I will practice the methods I have developed through the years in communication to my peers and students. Professional attitude and showing respect by always coming into class clean shaven, clothes pressed and shoes shined. Always setting the bar for my students to follow.

Share your knowlege with passion and professionalism.

Mr. Bill

Sign In to comment