Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Teach by example.  Be professional at all times.

The "Developing as an Instructor" module taught me the important steps to take to become competent in the areas where I feel weaknesses in order to improve my professional skills as a faculty member. A personal professional development plan should include specific courses to be taken and a timeline for accomplishments.

Being self-aware will have a big impact on the direction you choose to lead. Do not dwell on your mistake, and use them as a learning experience instead.

At the most fundamental level, every studen has a model of reality in their heads and hence instructors should do their best to understand the students to connect with the students a good model, good manager and a good motivator to impack the students.

I intend to provide students tools for them to become successful. Their sucess is my sucess and hence sucess of the aviation and aerospace commuity.

Very interesting module, I really liked the first video where the teacher is suggesting to don't show off your knoledge in class, why? You will loose your students! Instead, our focus should be about making them accomplishing their first step in that subject.

I also liked this module because it reminds you that, as a teacher, when you are not in class, you should thinking about your professional development. It is necessary looking for specific courses to be taken & timelines for accomplishment.

Having a professional development plan.

Teaching is new to me. i would to better navigate the computer sytem.  Thier is signiifiacant  communication via the computer and phone. 

Never pretend to be a "know it all" because that does not create a positive learning environment.

Learning communication skills ,and the importance of listening 

Some classes can be challenging to teach and some classes can be easy even though each class subject is the same.  

Instructors need to be proficient in a wide variety of areas.  Instructors need to have a plan for how they are going to learn new information and techniques that will make them better instructors.

As an instructor continuing to learn different ways of deliverying material is vital.

Always lead by example and be a mentor to facilitate success.

We're not just teachers, we are role models, managers, and motivators. We have to lead by example and stay professional.

Model and lead by example.  What you do, how you say things, and how you dress makes a huge impact on your students.

A an instructor i will  begin workin gon my personal developement plan.    As a new instructor I have a great dal to learn. 

Lead by example and Take responsibility

It is important to develop a plan in order to improve teaching skills.

My key take away point was don't approach the class with the  attitude of showing how smart I am or how competent, but let students see how much I love the subject and them as well.

Lela Broughton

I think this module was an effective reminder that as an instructor, I am responsible to lead the class by example and motivate them to try their best.  

Be passionate come early create an environment of learning 

Sign In to comment