Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being a strong. confdent leader are important qualities to have as an instructor. 

be a good model manager and motivator

Becoming a good instructor is a process that will not happen all at onece. It is important to implement the "5 C's". Havong a professional development plan is necessary to aid in your growth as a teacher.

I have learned to be credible candid compassionate commited and clear in all my actions as well as being professional in all aspects of the classroom. I will inspire my students to be excited for the career path they have chose and are learning for.

Listen first and communicate second. A great reminder on how to lead the classroom.

Mood managing and motivating is so importatnt. Great reminder.

Model the behavior you'd like to see reflected back from the students.

Purposeful prior planning Prevents poor performance.

This has made me think about taking additional time to make sure every it orderly and I am prepared as an instructor therefore producing better outcomes. 

Stay up so date with knowledge and lead by example.

Be knowledgable, bring enthusiasm and support to the class, and grow through new learnings

Always know your audience, your field and your abilities. Adjust as needed!

I am a brand new instructor that is transitioning from a prior leadership role.  I do want to develop a learning plan for myself to support my students. 

I learned the need to devlop a professional development plan. This can aid in the improvement of goals and teaching skill competencies. 

Instructors need to be proficient in a wide variety of areas such as learning theory, curriculum development, and human resource management. To continue to get better at any and all of these, instructors need to have a plan for how they are going to learn new information and techniques that will make them better instructors.

Professional development is for me to improve and expanding my knowledge  and skills by managing the resources information I learn about and how to benefit from the  new information.

Know your information by staying up on current research. Be professional and engaging.

Be profesional and engaging. Know your content and keep current.

I want to develop me as a leader. I want to realise what I bring to the teaching areana. I want to be a leader by example.

I learned about technical, professional and personal competence as well as about being a model for professionalism and growth. 

The 5-C's were good in this module, Also the quote of Learning not Teaching needs to be happening in a Classroom or Lab really hit home as well.  Its not about you, its about the students.  Lead by example, by being ready at 7:00am in my class. Have everything i need to start the day

Sign In to comment