Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

instill motivation through encouragement, maintain professionalism and exute excitement for the subject matter.

We should always be open to learn new things,and be role models in the classrooms

always be true with the knowledge your given.

Developing a personal development plan that is clear and consise setting timelines to help yourself become a better instructor.  After more than ten years of teaching, i still find this to be the best advise to help stay competent in an ever changing industry.

First time instructor over here, and this was exactly what I needed to read. Lead by example. I have numerous instructors throughout my college years, I remember those that I loved and those that I couldn't stand. Needless to say, I learned from both of them.  But from this I also have realized what I want to be as an instructor and what I do not want to be. 

The main thing I took away from this module is, to be a role model, students look up to us. Also, there are different styles of teaching, depending on the class. 

The main thing I took away from this module, is the fact that students look up to teachers, even if it seems like they are not paying attention. Additionally there are different methods of teaching, and what I took away from that is to utlize different methods when teaching such as group work or movie projects.  

Know your past. Some of the things in this course I have done before with success and for what ever reason quit doing them. I need to revisit successfull practices.

I always remember that I can constantly learn. Learning encourages growth professionally and as a person. Knowing that we will never stop learning helps us to bring new knowledge to others.  

Be professional at all times. Maintaining the friend relationship( encouraging, motivating and insightfull). Dont fall in the pal catagory. Respect and student disapline may get lost.

Being confident in a leadership role. 

"Approach the classroom with confidence. This will be a challenge when you first enter teaching, but as you gain experience you will find that your confidence will naturally grow."

Stay current and up-to-date, be a role model, care about each one of your students to motivate and help them be successful.

Engage into developing myself professionally, technically, and in a personal manner to better equip myself to teach effectively while engaging my students into each lesson successfully. 

Always act like a role model. 

I learned the 3 roles of a teacher = 1. model, 2. manager, 3. motivator.  I need to model an appropriate behavior in front of the students.

Earning and maintaining respect from the class is essential to teaching. Also, take responsibility and be accountable for the topics you are educating.

First of all I liked this learning module; I felt it was very to the point and helpful. The biggest take aways I got from it was this: know your strengths and weaknesses. Understand the things you are already good at and be willing to recognize and develop the areas you need imporvement on. The best way to show that we are subject matter experts is not to go into a class room setting with the mentality that we are the smartest in the class. We demonstrate are knowledge but expressing our passion for the subject we are teaching. Coming into class prepared, organized and ready will set the standard for our students and help motivate them to follow suit. 

It's important to be flexible in our teaching styles to accomodate our changing students and subject areas.

show passion in the career you are teaching and show interest in each students success.

That sometimes you have to remind you students where they started and how far they've come.  It's important to let the students know you care about them and are committed to helping them succeed. 

Lead by example. Do not be pals with students.

Sign In to comment