Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

the 3 roles are model, manager, and motivator. Convince the students you love the subject. We want to have the most learning possible in classroom setting but most learning takes place out of classroom

Support and motivation are key components in education.

Leading by example is essential, as well as engaging students through your own interest in the topic and your care for their success.

find out what kind of instructor you are and stay humble. keep true to yourself and study the material you are teaching to help overcome nerves when lecturing 

My biggest take away is that there is so much to learn; effectivenss as an instructor takes time to develop.

I have so much to learn and as a new instructor have made many mistakes but I am learning exactly what has been discussed.

Leading by example and communicating your enthusiasm and passion for the subject will engage and empower the students

Being an effective instructor doesn't mean you have to be perfect, use your mistakes to find what you need to improve on, then focus on improvement rather than dwelling on the mistake. 

Use your mistakes for indicators on what you can grow personally in. Rather it be professional, knowledge, or delivery focusing on the way you can improve rather than dwelling on the mistake will develop you into a more effective/ effecient.

Professional development is integral to continued instructor success and is an ongoing process

To attain professionalism, it is important to learn through reading, attending lectures, being updated in your field.

Set limits and be consistent.

Maintaining professionalism is key to having a solid foundation for respect in the classroom. Earning that respect helps create an effective learning environment

It's essential to demonstrate friendship to the student not "pal status". 

Lesson learn from prior experience. 

Dont act like the smartest person in the room. 

I plan to lead by example. Create an instructor-student relationship. Its important to create and maintain a positive role;5 C's

Professionalism is essential when dealing with students. Respect one another.

I enjoyed learning more about being a model, motivator and manager

This module made me think about what an instructor should emulate: model, manage, and motivate. It also brought out clearly how we should value the students and their experiences as well. Listen, be professional and have a plan.

Model, manage and motivate your students to achieve and learn. Be professional in all aspects. Demonstrate credibility, caring, and competence.

Sign In to comment