Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This course reminds me of the important thing to maintain as an instructor to keep my students engage.

Leading by example. By paying attention to all of the subjects in this module and applying them, wether it's developing a professional development plan or learning the best approach to instruction based on your personality and background and incorporating that into class based on the needs of the students, you're leading by example.

I learned that teachers are models and the importance of acting in a professional manner in order to give students a clear picture/example of what is expected of them.

Lead by example, and continue to motivate 

I got that Iam a facilitor and not necessarily the smartest person in the roo. I am there to be a riole modela and encourager. It is alos an oppoertunity for me to develop as person and professional. Develop an IDP.

Know your subject know your audience and know yourself

I learned that being a strong educator is by choice not simply by design.

I got a lot out of this module. It reminded me that I am human and can always find ways to grow but need to keep a professional attitude and continue the growth forever.  I also loved the video that was a reminder that an effective instructor does not try to prove how much they know. 

Always be professional during the first week of your course. You can never get that first week back. If you want to shift to a more relaxed style of teaching or dress after the first week, then do so based on the feedback from your students.  Don't show up like "Welcome Back Koetter", unless that is some tye of stych you are trying to portray.  

Developing as an instructor is no different than developing in any other career field.  One should always be honing their craft and identifying methods to improve.   

I have learned that you have to constantly look for ways to improve yourself. 

Enthusiasm is essential! 

Enthusiasm is essential  If we are not excited about our topic, how can we expect our students to be?

Keep students engaged with enthusiasm and modeling your interest in the topic.  If you are bored with the topic and show that to your students, they will likely disengage.

Leading by example is beneficial to not only students, but fellow employees as well. 

Utilize all of your resourses and teach with various learning styles 

I was reminded of things to avoid as a new instructor. I am not a babysitter or a pal!

Motivate and lead by example

Be transparent and be a good mentor

Be transparent 

Sign In to comment