Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lead by example.

Being creative can inspire  your students

Be transparent

It is imperative to lead by example in all you do, dress, confidence, handling student situations, being prepared. Come early and be excited, have enthausiasm for your subject. Give examples from your field experience to help motivate and show students how far they have come on their journey. Don't babysit but to have expectations and don't be a pal rather someone they can count on and learn from. 

Think of ways to bring the content from the abstract to what is seen everyday.

Seth Soronnadi

I learned that "Instructors need to be proficient in a wide variety of areas such as learning theory, curriculum development, and human resource management. To continue to get better at any and all of these, instructors need to have a plan for how they are going to learn new information and techniques that will make them better instructors"

Learning is most important in classroom not teaching

Being passionate, greeting students, being prepared really stood out to me. Students perception of all of these matter. Also consistency and compassion, listening.  

Modeling and the Professional Development Plan are areas that impressed me the most and have motivated me to create and persue ways to improve my in course Instructional capability

It is important to model the behaviors of your profession.  Students learn from modeling. 

Lead by example, model professionalism.  Continue learning always. 

We as instructors need to maintain professionalism, know our subject matter, and make it an exciting learning environment for all students in our classroom. 

My main takeaway is that instructors should never stop learning and improving thier skills and trade. 

I'm really compelled by the thought that the most important thing going on in the classroom is learning, not teaching. Reminds me of the notion I learned as a facilitator, you want to be the guide by the side, not the sage on the stage. That feels as student centered as it gets and is an important priority to keep in mind.

I learned from this course that you need to model behavior you would want your students to possess. 

In order for me to have successful students, I need to show them the proper way of being a successful professional. Being a good role model and showing what is expected is what I intend to do.

Lead by example. Be  good role model for you students, and enjoy what you teach. Be a positive mentor for your students. 

Always present yourself as a professional 

Lead by example and stay abreast of content. Listen and communicate and learn new ways to develop and improve the course, students, and myself. 

A successful teacher (i.e., one who engages their students and enables transformative learning to occur) must act professionally, modeling behavior they expect from their students. Successful teachers work continually at becoming so. They seek to master themselves and their material. Which, for many—myself included—is a never-ending process. A great teacher finds ways to bring their distinct personality to the course and materials, adjusting their style to fit specific circumstances and needs. Putting students first and empathizing with their challenges in learning new stuff is vital. Enthusiasm and a real passion for the material create engagement. Teaching is a fantastic opportunity that carries with it great responsibility.

I have learned that implementing personality and expertise will be key.

Sign In to comment