Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This was refreshing! In the true sense. I know as instructors we tend to be reluctant to go through what we think we already know. The importance is we refresh ourselves and remember to be the best we can. I got: care share, be fair. and do not be afraid to dare! By caring we maintain humility and student engagement; by sharing we are accessing knowledge for students; by being fair, we are modeling good leadership; to dare, is to be the instructor that can do it all and bring current and future knowledge into play no matter our personal beliefs.

This was refreshing! In the true sense. I know as instructors we tend to be reluctant to go through what we think we already know. The importance is we refresh ourselves and remember to be the best we can. I got: care share, be fair. and do not be afraid to dare! By caring we maintain humility and student engagement; by sharing we are accessing knowledge for students; by being fair, we are modeling good leadership; to dare, is to be the instructor that can do it all and bring current and future knowledge into play no matter our personal beliefs.

Ones example as a class leader, instructor, mentor, is the most powerful tool that one can perfect. 

You may not be the smartest one in the room but your ability to motivate and teach students what your passionate about will encourage them to learn. 

Present a Personal and Professional deamonor at all times to re-enforce reputation and credibility, and ensure the forum comprehends why the material studied is important to them. This will be pivotal in maintaining order and sustaining good classroom/forum ethics.

instructor roles: Model, manage, and motivate 

Be willing to learn, adapt and change.

Must have a plan to model, manage and motivate in order to achieve success in and out of the classroom.

Excellent module. There was a lot of information that I can take from it and apply to my teaching strategy

The five C's. credible, candid, compassionate, committed and clear!

Model, manage, motivate. Be focused, prepared and excited to facilitate a learning environment. Know your technology.

It is not only important to find ways to improve your teaching but to also find specific courses and have set goals for one's professional development.

The Roles of Being A Model, Manager, & Motivator Have Served Me Well In Teaching Learners and Will Continue To Aid Me In Becoming A Better Instructor.

As models for our students, we must tend to our own personal and professional development, not only to set that example for them, but to keep up to date on changes in the field, and to overcome shortcomings that may keep us from performing our best or demonstrating the 5Cs of  credibility, candor, compassion, commitment and clarity. Our own development plans must address our own technical, personal and professional development to help us excel as teachers. We can examine our past teachers and instructors to find our own personal teaching style.  I will begin a professional development plan that helps me explore where I can improve my delivery and develop rapport, as well as to provide colleagues materials that reflect their own personal teaching styles.

As a new instructor, I will need to learn additional skills other than content. The psychological part is every bit as important as the material. 

Modeling is important for expectations of students. They will follow your lead.

Remember to always bring your own personal touch, your own identity to how you teach. 

Instructional  style is wrapping your personality and competencies together and creating a format by knowing your past, school, students, subject, college, and yourself. All necessary components in delivering an instructional format that is structured and encouraging to students.

Prepare beforehand everything required for classroom instruction. Be a model and motivator. Maintain professionalism at all times.

Stay up to date on subject matter. Lead by example. Be on time. Dress professionally. Use appropriate language. You are not the smartest in the room.

Sign In to comment