Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

paperwork

I agree that the enrollment agreement has too may forms that I think could be consolidated. I think it would be much more expeditous if we can print the agreement with the students information already filled in the appropriate areas and then all they would need to do is read initial and sign.

Keeping an Even Playing Field

I believe it is very important to be respectful of other schools and not present false information about a competitor. The discussion should be kept about the school inquestion with the prospective student.

Organizing the Paperwork

Creating a Resource Notebook has been informative. Now I have a place to put updates. Also, I have a readily available source to which I can refer.

Regulatory Rules

I am learning more about regulatory rules by accessing the websites as well as better understanding the specific terminology.

agents requirements

I have a greater understanding of my role as an agent of the school as well as how my role affects the school and its reputation.

keeping up-to-date

I plan to ask different dept heads about any changes on a monthly basis.

Understanding your Institution

Staying current on new programs, requirements and outcomes will enhance the reputation of school

Sales

What should be kept in mind when coming in from a sales background? What should one becareful of?

Transfer of Credits...

I knew that policy addressed the transfer of credits into a school but I did not know it addresses transferred credits out of the school.

sell...

Don't sell. Build value and your student will be sold.

Libraries or Learning Resources Center

I was a little confused between the training materials and the quiz that I took. The section on Library or Learning Resources Center states: MOST schools are required to have some kind of library or learning resources center. Etc. Then the question on the quiz states: A Learning Resource Center (library) is required for ALL schools. Is it a requirement for ALL schools to have a Learning Resources Center (Library) or MOST schools? I did not take it to mean that ALL schools need one when the training said MOST...to me, that would mean that some are not required. Why… >>>

What "background" can be done on the school prior to being hired with

Institutions are able to do their due diligence in realizing that a prospective employee is to the their standards but where can an individual go to ensure that that institution is reputable and not suspected of possible problems?

staying up to date and compliant

it is important to always be compliant with all state regulations, and always being updated on information

understanding your institution

I have been working at my university for over 10 years, i am aware of almost all aspects of our school, but most importantly , i am convinced that we are the leaders in our field, promoting what you believe is important

The admissions process and paper work

The initial documentation is filed with all the requirements needed (BASIS OF ADMISSIONS)which includes transcript request letters, affidavit of high school completion, etc etc

Keeping up with curent agent laws

it is very important to stay current with the agent laws because they change from time to time

College Fair

What types of things do some of you use to pull off a successful college fair when you do not have a lot of resources to provide "bells and Whistles"? I go to many college fairs where the folks at the table next to me have all kinds of goodies to pass out and I have very little flair to give out. I'm really interested in some ideas you might have? Thanks!

Partial File

What are your thoughts on prospective students who come to the enrollment meeting missing a document enabling you to complete the process? Do you send them away and reschedule or do you start the process/folder and tell them they will not be considered enrolled, until the file is complete. Thanks!

Damage Control

I'd like some input on how to manage damage control when questions arise about other institutions who have been in the news for breaking the code of ethics etc. Especially when they try to lump all career colleges together. One schools behavior should not reflect on the rest of us. Although the reality is that it does. Thanks!

enrollment

How can the paperwork be minimized so that we can make the process quicker as well as efficient.