Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Walk-in to admissions...

How to handle prospective student who doesn't want to fill out school application?

Regulatory

It is a daunting task as a college of nursing to understand and meet local, state, regulatory body, and federal mandates for education. In the field there have been examples of gross mis-use of student time and financial resources by institutions which have largely been identified and closed. Thiis is a good move by regulation stakeholders. Students incur a significant amount of debt with higher education in many cases. If this debt does not result in an ability to convert knowledge and skills into a productive occupation both the student and society experince a loss.

Ethic

Hello fellow leaders, I have gained a lot of great information and I hope the same for you as well, lets please keep learning for the sake of those who we teach!

Best

Mia Smith

Ethically important to deny application

I believe that if a student is properly informed and concerns are discussed about the difficulty and commitment needed and the perspective believes he or she can achieve these standard, then application should not be denied. 

Ethics are important

Being ethical in describing the school to someone is not only the righth thing to do, it's also the best way to sell the opportunity to perspective students and their families. 

programs

who approves pharmacy technician programs

programs

Good afternoon 

Who approves medical assisting and phlebotmy programs in Ohio. 

Andrea

Laws and Rules

I'm a first time director. I found the test to be very challenging and am now concerned that I need to know all of the laws and regulations. Is this the case? How well do I need to know everything in detail? 

facility compliance requirements

I was unable to find information on the 'facility compliance requirements' on the web site.  Can comeone direct me to that information?

Students best interest

When interviewing a prospect it is best practice to ask them  about their any previous education and what they are looking for in a college to be successful.   

Refreshers are necessary

I still continue to find useful information on these CEU modules. Even after 10 years in higher education there are still things you can learn through maxknowledge.

Dept of Education

Is the Dept of Education's approval goes hand in hand with institutional accreditation?

Advisory Committee

I feel this is one of the best assets for a specialized technical programs.  This allows the program directors to keep their finger on the pulse of the field they teach/manage by interacting with people who are actively working in that field.  This input is absolutely invaluable.

Agent Permit

I have always felt other departments should be exposed to the agent permit so they have a better understanding of the admissions processes and regulations.

Different Regulations By State

I feel regulations that guide our education systems should be more consistent and completed on a national level instead of the state level.  This inconsistency causes schools to shy away from credits transferring.  Assuming class material is similar and the credits are equal or greater, this should never be a subjective decision.

Accreditation

Hypothetical question:

Nursing programs are approved by Ohio Board of NUrsing. The same institution is accredited by ACCSC. If ACCSC close an institution would that close the nursing program too?

Accreditation requirements

Very informatitve to learn how involved a process and that credits will not always transfer and the reasons behind it.

Course Catelog

Where is the best place to list this?

Is it ethically required to deny enrollment or not?

As an admission representative you may have a gut feeling someone may not be a successful student. Is it ethically required to deny enrollment or not?

That is a loaded question. We are trying to make assumptions based upon information that has been made available to us or assumptions based upon our own assumptions or prejudices. We need to be very careful when engaging in this disucssion with an individual. Our approach is to offer the individual who is on the fence a no-risk try-before-you-buy with a safety net.

Our school does not require an individual to have a high… >>>

accreditation

Why is accreditation importnt