Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Knowledge is Power

For someone who hasnt been involved in Institutions of higher learning, this is a great way to understand the rules of road.

Schools

What type of accredidation does your school have?

Ohio regional accreditation

what are the regional accrediting bodies for ohio?

Enjoyable

The production quality was very good!

Answers are wrong on the test.

Who do i contact if the answer to question on the test are incorrect.

Career Fairs

The information in the course is very clear and concise. Are there any specifications on schools that host careers and the activities that may occur with regards to job offers for potential grads? For example, if a school invites a company to come to a career fair and guarantees job offerings for selected students. Does this scenario pose a violation in any way?

Student Enrollment for Online Students

Are the students that enroll in a school's online program required to view the campus and available equipment as part of the enrollment process?

The Ohio Training-

The Training was very informative and I took a lot from it. It's best to always be ethical. We always win the best connections when doing so.

Ethics

If you have a gut feeling someone may not be able to benefit from your training, you have an ethical responsibility not to enroll them, maybe suggest an alternative plan.

Watching the Disclosure video

You said that each student must get  a copy of the disclosure form, they watch the video and a copy is e-mailed to them, is that the copy?

Admissions Representative

How long does it take to recieve your agent permit once completed with quiz?

Shirts and other giveaways

Hello All, I am just wondering how you handle giveaway items for folks attending events sponsored by the school. Do you do it? How do you build your contact list utilizing incentives?

Marketing

i agree, it is important to advertise correct information so that prospective students are not mislead. the U.S department of lablor does provide the accurate inofrmation that we as admissions reps can refer to our students for review..Facts are what students need to read..

Cataloge/ Enrolment agreement

It  is the responsibility of  admissions and the college to provide to the student the catalog and where to find the information they need about policys and procedures. I agree that the enrollment agreement must show their program information, financial aid and cancellation policy..

Enrollment

Prospective students are looking for a career change or to start a new career so that they can make a better life..upfront they need to know the demand or work force future and income they can expect.

Ethics

Integrity!

retention

Students will be successful and graduate when we do the right thing. Prospective students rely on admission representatives to assist them and give them the correct guidance into a career that they are interested. This also includes the timing in their life. And  when the timing in their life is not right, they will then have to carry the finacial burden from attending college and not experience the success they needed and not graduate.

Instructors

At times it gets hard to verify that all information on an instructors resume is correct.  What is a best practice?

Resource book materials

Hello, as we apply for a new school permit for a 600 clock hour program, I am wondering if it is possible to get a model copy of the of following materials for best practices so that we can get it as right as possible the first time?

1. school catalog

2. enrollment agreement

3. marketing plan

4. policies and procedures

5. Org chart

Please advise,

Thank you!

Dustin Peugeot

c 216-316-9512

e dustin@matrixtradeinstitute.com

Helpful Information

This presentation was very beneficial as it employes all the do's and dont's!