Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

The Admissions Process and Paperwork

Our school has gone to online paperwork with all the details covered that an Admissions officer needs to be completely compliant. This helps make me better and my job easier.

Understanding your Institution

I think this is great info.,and having brief informational updates is good as dept. sometimes have changes-big and small.

staying up to date and compliant

Regarding this I think periodic updates and quizes would make sure each Adm.Rep. is always on target.

Information

I feel that it is vital for the agents to be updated everyday with new information. It could be performance related, compliance regulations, or even something as simple as dress code updates. Communication is the key when working in a large cooperation.

Advantages

It is important to give the student the whole experience of attending your school. Get to know everything your school has to offer so that the student will know whats all included.

Qualifications of an Agent

I think that it is great to make sure an agent qualifys for the job. Drug screenings and background checks are essential for employment. It also creates a safe and secure working environment.

paperwork

I think period refresher/retraining in this area,can help with preparing for various compliance visits etcc.

build relationships that lead to a student graduation

We take care to follow each of our students progress throughout there time at school to assist when educational speed bumps occur.

ad control

Our post secondary education is nationwide with a number of agents. Therefore we have ad contol to ensure that onlyu approved marketing materials are alowed through our marketing tool kit. This ensures that evey agent is only using the proper materials.

Organize, Organize, Organize

Is the key to your success!

knowledge is key

Knowing what your school has to offer insure a quality match for the student.

does renewal involve training?

Specific state-approved agent training is required only once. However, the school or Ohio Board may require that the agent or admissions representative also complete continuing education periodically.

Internal Training Programs

Does your school have an internal training program for new agents/admissions reps? If so, how much of the training program is focused on compliance with state/federal/accreditation regulations governing admissions?

Additional Training Opportunities

What other areas of the recruiting/admissions process do you feel would be of interest to you as future training opportunities?

Additional Training Opportunities

What other areas of the recruiting/admissions process do you feel would be of interest to you as future training opportunities?

Some Schools are beginning to offer externships to entice students

Some Schools are beginning to offer externships to entice students. The problem I have with this is that an "externship is defined as "An externship is an opportunity for a student to engage in practice based learning". I think this is a deceptive practice give the impression of job placement after-school. Do you think schools shold be allowed to offer externships in their marketing material?

School Advertising and Marketing Materials

It is important to review your school's advertising and marketing material to become more informed about your institution. Advertising and Marketing are how many potential students become aware or your school, therefore knowing what materials your school provides is important in case someone refers to such materials or poses a question about them.

Enrollment Agreement Questions

Do you find that students ask many questions during the admissions process about the policies or statements contained in your school's enrollment agreement?

Student Questions

Does your school provide you with answers to "frequently asked questions" that prospective students often ask during the admissions process?

Student Questions

We do offer a most frequently asked questions that is published in our admissions training manual as well as sent at time of registering a student for class as an email template.