Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Compliance and Ethics

Great tools and resources to be in compliance and utilize ethical practices as an Admissions Advisor.

Good Course

I have worked in a few states, and this was one of the best processes I have seen to get an individual acclimated to the rules.

Learned lots of things I didn't know

Like we can accept commissions for enrolled students and we should not be enrolling anyone who is already enrolled in another program. 

You want to make sure that you understand thoroughly the ethics related to each of the situations you may encounter

Being able to sit down with a student and talk openly and honestly about what Ross offers is what makes us have the right ethics for ABHES. 

How often is it necessary to review these codes to stay informed of any changes?

This information is very important. How do you stay compliant with all the rules, and how often do the rules change?

How do you stay in tune with all of the revised code.

Are there any suggestions for keeping up on all the regulations and guideline for your institution?

Program Knoweldge

Programs can fall into one of two categories.  They can be either “Certificate Programs” or “Diploma Programs”.  I liked learning about both. 

How important is the enrollment agreement

Taking the time to know what the binding document states so if a prospect has a question, we can answer it according to our standing accreditation. 

OH110-Phyllis Rasmussen

One thing that stuck out to me that is incredibly important in our admissions positions is we can never guarantee the transferability of credits. 

Protection of the Ohio State Laws

It is pleasing to know that there are laws to protect Admissions Persons.

Admissions

Enrollment can have a profound impact on someone's life, making it crucial to ensure they fully comprehend the commitment they're making.
Transparency is key; it's important to discuss potential challenges they may encounter and provide solutions.
You serve as the guide to their successful journey, so offering a clear and comprehensive view of the path they are choosing is essential.

Ethics and Compliance

Ethics and compliance are key in each role of the employees here at Ross. It's important for the student to be heard and listened to and also abide by all rules and regulations. We can never make false promises or insinuate an outcome. It's what makes working here an honorable place of employment and valued place for learning. 

Ethics

As an Admissions Rep I try to paint a realistic picture about working in our industry to ensure a good fit and success.

Solution

If you having a conversation and happen to speak about the school is solution ? 

Is being truthful about the short comings of your competition

This has been a hot topic amongst reps i know.  If you personally feel a campus is in a unsafe area and surrounded by huge fences and barbwire is it wrong to tell a prospective student that if they are considering both schools?

Ethics

I think it is important to abide by all the rules required to be employed. It reflects on your character and the integrity of the company. We need to treat people how we would like to be treated.

Excited

I am excited to get started with this company and learn more about this specific industry. I am hoping there is a lot of room for growth within the company. Please let me know if there is any advice you guys have for being successful.

MAINTAINING INTREGITY AS AN AGENT

In Admissions, Integrity is one of the cornerstones of compliance and should be adered to and practiced at all times. We are entrusted with the lives and futures of thousands of people looking to make a beter life for themselves and their families. I see this protocol as valuable because it weeds out those who may not be able to walk this fine line.

-Leon

Previous Army Recruiter

The Military Recruiting Command taught all of these same aspects of

being 100% ethical at all times.  My transitioning to the Education Industry was seamless.  

Was good to see my old Admissions Director Josh Moore on here !

That was 10 years ago - WOW 

Accreditation is a standard recognized by the US Department of Education.

Many students will research the type of accreditation when they are choosing a college to attend.      So true!