Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

understanding your institution

I have been working at my university for over 10 years, i am aware of almost all aspects of our school, but most importantly , i am convinced that we are the leaders in our field, promoting what you believe is important

The danger in tenure with any institution is complacency. It's easy for anyone to relax thinking that we know all there is to know and not keeping up to date on current training and available information.

I like what you have to say. As an agent, it is our job to present a confident message about the programs offered by our institution. Making sure that your personal attitudes and beliefs line up with the message and reputation of your school is the best marketing that the school can hope for. If you truly beieve in your school and the programs offered there, you will take the time to immerse yourself in all that is offered. You will do this not to have sale pitch, but to know how to assist your students. This industry is all about helping people move forward in their lives, knowing your school helps the prospective student determine if it will be the best fit for them.

I totally agree Brian. Keeping our knowledge up to date is important. We can better serve our students and make sure we complete their enrollment accordingly and provide them with all neccessary and accurate information needed.

That is very true Brian. Many people get lost and feel as if they know everything when in fact they do not know enough at all. Always keep your eyes open and realize that their is always an opportunity to learn and grow.

Schools often have specialty areas where they truly are the best choices for certain programs.

I also believe the school I work for is the best option for the type of product we provide.

It's important to acknowledge that there are a lot of good schools out there. Why? Because it is the truth. Students have to find the school that is best for them and a lot of factors go into that decision.

This is why getting to know what is important to your student, and what their obstacles are is helpful. You may not be able to meet all concerns or obstacles with every student. But when you do, or can, you've increased the chance of an enrollment. YAY!!

I agree that you must take the time to get to know your prospective student's needs and obstacles. However, if you don't know your company's benefits for them..you're npt going to get very far.

It's vital to know your product and your audience.

i also agree... holding weekly faculty and staff meetings is a must for us so we are all on the same page and discuss student concerns so we are all aware so we can better the school.

I do believe it is important to know as much as possible about your school and its various departments.
This gives the student, that you are talking to,a comfortable feeling, and a mutual feeling of trust develops.I never lie or 'fudge' information to a student--I would rather get the correct info from the particular department and then get back to him or her!

I agree with this, you must believe in this process in order to promote it effectively

It is very important to stay informed about your school and any changes, especially when it is regards to changes in curriculum. I meet with the Director of Education regularly as well as Department Deans to get "re-tooled" on changes to the programs and curriculum.

Chad,

I agree with you and think it is that simply. You have to believe in the process and learn all you can about it. I think it is easy to tell when you are talking to someone about something they do not believe in.

Sign In to comment