Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

enrollment

How can the paperwork be minimized so that we can make the process quicker as well as efficient.

Yolanda: Unfortunately, due to the number of disclosures and other requirments that must be met during the admissions process, it can be a time consuming affair. As state and federal regulations have increased the number of diclosures required, the process seems to have gotten longer rather than shorter.

However, from a regulatory perspective, it is not our goal to make the enrollment process quick and efficient. Rather, the goal is to make sure the prospective student is fully aware of all pertinent information prior to enrolling in school.

It is essential to be 100% on all paperwork, but by being organized you can be more efficient when the time comes.

Experience ... as you gain awareness as you complete the task ... you will develop processes that enable you complete it efficiently but preparation is the best ... the process can often follow the conversation as you address needs and issues it logically takes you to the next talk point or required documentation

Will there ever be a way that students can sign forms electronically to save time?

Richele:

Electronic signatures are permitted under Ohio rules so long as the school can verify that the signatures are valid. There may be other/additional requirements for financial aid documents.

Yes I agree. Is there something to streamline.

Our school has started using e-signing. It has been a very effecient method of filling out paper work

I have to agree with the majority on this one... There is no way to minimize the admissions/ enrollment paperwork. Enrolling into school is a very serious matter. There are many topics that need to be discussed, and many pieces of information that the student must be aware of. It is in the best interest of the student that the appropriate time is taken. Enrolling into school is a major decision, and we are doing an inservice to the students if they are not 100% informed. And just to mention- we have no choice in the matter based on the state requirements.

I think it is important to make the transaction as smooth and efficient for the student as possible by being organized and proactive. Utilize a checklist and make sure you are consistently stressing the importance of providing proper documentation in a timely manner. Obviously the student will want to comply since they cannot start classes without doing so. Following through with your student and knowing what they need in their files before they even have to ask is a great service and makes your job easier.

I don't feel that the paperwork SHOULD be minimized. I think over time, people get comfortable with what they're doing and the process can go quicker as you find the right order to have the student sign the forms. I think having a lot of paperwork is good because it covers the admissions rep regarding the promises that have been made to the student because everything is in writing. The student can't come back with the "well my admissions rep didn't say this" or "my admissions rep told me that", everything is in writing and signed by both parties. It also shows that the student was made well aware of the conditions of their enrollment and what consequences may follow if they don't adhere to rules/regulations/withdrawals, etc.

Think about it this way...there are 4 things in life that consumers spend the most money on (a car, a home, your family and your education). The process of enrollment is not suppose to be quick. Our students are making a very important decision when enrolling with us and the enrollment process to reflect that as well. It is quite a long paperwork process to apply for a mortgage, and a car, why should education be a drive thru process! Let's take our time and do the it right!

With Electronic signatures will help minimize the paperwork process but I also tend to keep a paper copy for my records just to be safe.

It seems the same or silimar process was undertaken with mortgages and we all know not all the mortgage papers are ever read because there are so many documents to read. It seems like the students are going to be overwhelmed by the amount of documents the agent is going over and not even read any of them. Just a thought.

At our University, efforts are being made to have the original documents scanned into electronic files. From there we can duplicate any of them to whatever organization is needed.

There is alot of paperwork - notebook tabs would help greatly

I utilize the paperwork time frame to reinforce much of the information given during the interview. I have found over the years that students do have to hear information 2-3 times before it is retained and the enrollment paperwork presents this opportunity.

I agree that Electronic signatures help minimize paperwork. It is a good resource to have if the enrollment paperwork needs to be retrieved. I also keep a hard copy for myself as well as the student.

Electronic signatures are the best way to minimize paperwork and make the process quicker and more efficient. However there should still be a hard copy on hand

One just needs to be organized. There is an abundant of paperwork.

Sign In to comment