Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Office Interviews

At my college we do not conduct interviews in your personal office. Rather, we conduct them in a designated interview room. Does conducting interviews in an office create a sense of comfort and a more personable environment?

I feel that this course will help me become a better agent.

The material covered in the forum I feel was of great importance to helping me hit my numbers.

How many of you learned from this site?

I certainly learned a lot more and opened up my eyes quite a bit.

When should someone be considered complete?

Some schools consider an enrollment when they sign an EA and before finalizinf FA. Others don't consider an enrollment until completely done with FA. So...What shall it be?

Should agents disply awars/medals in their office?

Considering the state doesn't like to say this is a selling position. Should reps display their awards for top rep of quarter or any awards given due to enrollments?

Electronic Resource Notebook

I have discovered for me it is a lot more convenient to have my Resource Notebook electronically as opposed to an actual paper notebook. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Resource Notebook

How often should you update your resource notebook?

Terminated agents

What happens to a school that terminates an agent for misrepresentation and does not report it to the state? The same agent gets a permit at another school and is terminated for misrepresentation again. This is found out during an investigation. What happens to the school that does not report the origination charge of misrepresentation?

Training methods

I am wondering what other training tools are available to new Agents?

marketing

Other than the normal means of marketing what are some other unique ways to market outside businesses?

compliance

We have to maintain a grasp of the current rules and regulations. There are constant changes made to our processes and we must be diligent to keep up.

Admissions paperwork issues.

We have to always remeber that many times the process of admissions and financial aid for the student is like going to court and standing in front aof a judge. Almost no one comes away with any grasp of everything that has happened. It is imperative that all documents are reviewed and there is a comprehension check for the individual and if necessary a followup question and answer session to ensure that they understand the process and the consequenses of the process...

Student Placement Numbers

Our school presents this at enrollment. When do others and what is an effective way to present this information?

Agent's Permit

What are the repercussions if an agent does not display their permit on demand either by a perspective student or school personnel?

Feeling more comfortable after training

I feel more comfortable and have a better understanding after reading the material.

Out-of-State Schools recruiting in Ohio

How can this be regulated? Especially since these institutions are not located in Ohio and license by OACCS.

The Agent's Requirements

What are your thoughts and feelings about the Agent's requirements now that you have almost finished this course, compared to when you started?

Your Own Knowledge

How do you rate your knowledge about your institution?

Keeping Up-to-Date

What are your plans to add any missing information and to keep up-to-date with any changes made?

Organizing the Paperwork

How can you or did you organize all the paperwork and information related to completing the admissions process according to state guidelines?