Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Social Networking Sites

How has the popularity of social networking sites such as facebook, twitter, etc., affected communications with prospective students? Does your school have a marketing plan that includes the use of social networking sites?

Social Networking Sites

How has the popularity of social networking sites such as facebook, twitter, etc., affected communications with prospective students? Does your school have a marketing plan that includes the use of social networking sites?

Weekly Meetings

Weekly meeting are a "Continuing Education" process that keeps the Agent Admissions Representative up to date on Program knowledge.

Integrity of Information given by the Representative

How does the integrity of the Representative affect the prospective student's perception of the institution?

Weekly meetings

I require my staff meet every Tuesday and both dept. meet every Wed. of each month to review student application.

I give tests

Each month my Dept. takes a Product knowledge tests, and If they do not get a 95% or better they are taken off phones for a week.

Look twice

Incorporated is the “second look.” No completed paperwork’s get turned in till I have signed-off on the content, and accuracy of the file.

Monthly Meetings

One of the things I have incorporated into our weekly meetings, is a section on the rules and regulations to continue reinforce the importance.

Resource Notebook

How often should we be seeking information for changes to be updated in our Resource Notebook?

Keeping Track

It's vital to keep a notebook, so that you are current on all information.

This is what we do for a living

So we definitely should use a strong sense of integrity in our day to day operations etc. Don't lie to kids, don't talk bad about other choices etc. Most of this is common sense if you are in this business for the right reasons. Helping people!!

Only so many hours in a day

We wear a lot of hats

Out of State compliance with Ohio?

How are the out of state schools regulated?

Today's Students

and the role of technology

Job Fair ettiquette

How does your school handle leads generated at job fairs? And, how do your employees behave? Do you observe an "ettiquette" regarding who you've spoken with as prospects?

Scope of the Representative's Role

In what ways is it permissible for Agents/Reps to participate in the placement assistance process?

Career Advising

So, just a board with job openings can be classified legally as a Career Advising Department? The school I am employed by has a full staffed department. We bring companies to our facilities to check out our training equipement and classrooms. We have interviewers from companies conduct interviews at our facilities. Our Career Advising Department is in-charge of setting up the interviews for students, including alumni, as well.

Permits

Why do some states require agent permits, but others do not? I work in PA, but my institution recruits in all of the bordering states.

topic#3

agents have a good understanding of polocies and students having an better undestanding of policy and procedures

topic #1

I have the better understandment of what ohio offers and regulates for the process of admissions