Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Excited!

I am new to my role and I am excited to learn and grow in this field! If anyone has advice, feel free to share.

Hello!

I just wanted to say "hello". (smile)

-L*

Stay the Course!

I would continue the process and see what unfolded with the prospect. If at the end of the admissions process, I had adequate evidence they would not succeed, then I could bring that to the department head and student.

New to the process

I am new to this forum and look forward to communicating with other participants.

helping others help themselves

I feel students are overwhelmed enough. They need clear details of what to expect. i can remember not really knowing what was expected of me when I started school.

Integrity and Ethics

It's going to be important for us to maintain ethics and have what's truly best in mind for the students we work with. Because of many of our roles having quotas, there is a sales pressure often doled down by management to get the numbers in.

But sometimes that means it will be at the expense of the student and what's really right for them.

This is the biggest challenge when it comes to admissions.

Ethics isn't just about honesty with our programs and school offerings, it's about integrity. Don't be too surprised if you run into this quandry soon,… >>>

Renewal Corses

I like to have these renewal course.. It's always good to refresh on rules, and regulations. 

Legit

Although Iv'e been in Admissions for more than 13 years this course makes me feel like a legit permitted Admissions Advisor. thank You!

no questions

This is a great course to take

Ethics

Why do individuals display unethical behavior at times? 

Ethics

Practicing and or enforcing good ethics is just the right thing to do. Whether if your job or reputation is on the line, its better to fail at something going about it the right way. Good ethics should be practice everywhere  at home in schools, sports, etc. 

Peers

Have you ever had a student submit college transcripts and once they have been evaluated. The student ask for them to be appleaed because the stuent feels she should recive more credits. 

Great course

I have been an agent for several years but it is always good to refresh my knowledge

Ethical

I let the director know if I'm concerned about a prospective student. Their success is our success! I give them time to talk about it and review the process and policies in place.

Integrity

This is always a valuable refresher for me.

Ethical Behavior

It is of vital improtance to be honest with students and prospective students. If it were you or a loved one sitting on the other side of the desk, wouldn't each one of us want the Rep to be honest, open and transparent with us?

OH Training

received lots of great information

Admissions Question

If a potential student would have difficulty getting a job based on an industries specifications or could not read or write to pass the curriculum I would discourag him or her from enrolling. Perhaps have them contact companies in advance to test the waters for employment or have them pass a section of the curriculum in advance.

The Rules

I found all the laws and the rules to be a little overwhelming when it comes to learning on your own. Perhaps this should be broken down some more.

If I knew a student could not graduate (get a state license upon graduation)....

I feel if I know a student could not get a license then I feel  I am bound ethically to tell them at Admissions.