Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Partial File

What are your thoughts on prospective students who come to the enrollment meeting missing a document enabling you to complete the process? Do you send them away and reschedule or do you start the process/folder and tell them they will not be considered enrolled, until the file is complete. Thanks!

I would follow through on the enrollment process,If they are missing like ID or something. Tell them a specific date that you want that information so that you can turn their file over to the next step. They are enrolled when the finish the appropriate steps and sign the enrollment agreement but they may not start class if all the required documents are not in their file.

I think it is a case by case basis

We don't want students to feel that their time is wasted simply because they are missing a document. I would begin the process and cover as much as I can without that document and then tell the student to mail me the document or bring it in when they can so that the process can be completed. If I have questions regarding the document when it comes in I can call the student.

I think that it depends on the situation and the student that you are dealing with. If you are working with a student that has continually put things off or not done their part in getting the enrollment finished then it would be best to let them know that you don't want to set them up to not be successful.

These suggesstions are very helpful. Also I was trained to have them listen to you from the first meeting and get them used to following your directions. That way when it gets to this point they're used to being compliant.

I agree that we want to make the best use of time that we can for all parties involved. I would atually go as far as saying that completing the required paper work in steps may be helpful for the student. It gives them time to digest the masive amount of information that is at their disposal. Starting the process is a good thing.

I don't think it would be wise to send the student away. In that situation it would be best to take the process as far as you can and remind the student in order to complete the enrollment process they need to provide all of the documentation.

I would collect as much as paperwork as possible and schedule a follow-up appointment with them to complete the admission process. You want to make sure the file is complete but at the same time you do not want to turn the student away if he/she did not provide you with all the paperwork. The best solution is to have a follow up appointment to make sure everything is complete.

Anytime you get a student to show up and enroll is an opportunity that you want to take full advantage of. You never in my opinion want to send a student away just because you are missing a document. Complete everything else you can and get the missing document asap.

You always want them to bring all the proper documentation to the first enrollment meeting. If they fail to do so, I wouldn't turn them away. I would definitly start the process and schedule them to return to complete the enrollment process with all their documentation needed. I don't think you want the student to feel as if they wasted their time.

If the student was advised of what would be needed for the enrollment process in advance, and the student did not have all the documents with them. I would not send them away and write them off, but I would explain the importance of making sure you have what is needed when you come to meeting. This is something you will need to practice in the classroom setting as well, making sure you are fully prepared.

We start the process and tell prospective students that they will not be considered enrolled until the file is complete.
It is very challenging at times.
Certain pieces of information are especially difficult to obtain for our students due to financial constraints. We have prepared resources for prospective students such as places they can go for immunizations, physicals, transcripts, etc. Does anyone have timetable suggestions, checklists, or forms that are effective?

Sign In to comment