Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organizing the Paperwork

Creating a Resource Notebook has been informative. Now I have a place to put updates.
Also, I have a readily available source to which I can refer.

I have worked in Admissions for several years and just switched campuses, therefore I am considered "new" and I am required to complete the new agent training.

I am very excited about this resource notebook b/c it was always up to my college to provide this training in the past.

Now I can get a basis for my state's regulations and THEN add in the information which is specific to my college.

I have been recruiting for many years and feel this is a great idea and should be adopted nationally. Many states have no regulatory guidlines... Thank you OHIO

Hello,

I agree.. I feel this course training is very informative.

I still refer back to my Resource Notebook that I started when I entered my position about 1 year ago.

Being somewhat new to Admissions, I believe having a notebook will be great! I have binders that I keep important paperwork in, but this gives me a better idea of how to organize and keep up to date on new policies and procedures.

Having this, the Resource Notebook, enables you to be able to cover all the bases with Admissions and Financial Aid, especially if everyone is in an appointment at the time you have a question.

I believe having the notebook is beneficial for not just new agents but experienced agents as well. It can help keep new agents organized and help for new agents to be organized with the new updates and help keep everyone on the same page.

I agree, Frederick. I've been in re-admissions for a year now, and I am excited about this training. So far nothing is surprizingly new, since it seems to have been well-covered in the training received from our school. But knowing the actual state-mandated legalities will give me more confidence when enrolling students. The resource notebook will be a well-used reference on my desk.

I do too! I consistently add and update my notebook as the need arises.

In addition to my Resource Notebook that I keep on my desk, I have made a packet that I call Student's Right To Know. I always send it home with each potential student. I use my Resource Notebook with the student but it is helpful for the student to have that information sent home with them as well because there is so much going through their head at the time I go over it, they sometimes forget, or forget questions they want to ask that The Student's Right To Know packet will cover!

I agree - having one place for everything keeps it organized and handy.

I was a bit confused with the title and purpose of the resouce binder at first, but I understand now. At my institution we create a packet to send home with each individual student, but I am reading how beneficial it may be to also keep the information at my desk for review.

What a great idea! I had been in admissions for several years, but new to the career college setting so this is my first time needing to be licensed. I really appreciate the information given in this course and will follow your "best practice".

Sign In to comment