Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Libraries or Learning Resources Center

I was a little confused between the training materials and the quiz that I took. The section on Library or Learning Resources Center states: MOST schools are required to have some kind of library or learning resources center. Etc. Then the question on the quiz states: A Learning Resource Center (library) is required for ALL schools. Is it a requirement for ALL schools to have a Learning Resources Center (Library) or MOST schools? I did not take it to mean that ALL schools need one when the training said MOST...to me, that would mean that some are not required. Why is it required to have one?

I was confused by this also. Most and all do not mean the same thing. I think the question may have been a little misleading. I do however have a hard time believing that a serious institution would not have learning resources avaialble.

Heather:

There is a specific Ohio rule [OAC 3332-1-16(D)(7)] that addresses library requirements for degree granting institutitons. There is also a general rule [OAC 3332-1-16(B)(4)] that applies to all schools (degree & non-degree) that states "a school shall provide library resources appropriate to the programs of study along with standard works of reference".

Thus, while all schools may not need an actual library (as is required for degree granting schools), they all need to have appropriate library resources available to students.

We will review the test question and clarify it to avoid this confusion.

Thank you for the explanation. That clarifies my misunderstanding.

Thank you for your clarification. I agree that schools should have library resources available for students. The question was just a little confusing to me, I wasn't sure what was correct.

I just completed the Quiz that included the question about the "requirement" that all schools have a Learning Resource Center (Library)" and I answered "False". This was counted as wrong. What about Online Schools? If a student is attending an Accredited and Approved "online only" school, would it not be impossible or unlikely for that school to provide a library? I found the use of the word "Library" to be misleading.

Timothy:

I agree that the question needs to be rephrased.

In response to your question about online schools, most online schools have online Learning Resource Centers (LRC) where students can access books and other periodicals through online searches. This online access would typically meet the LRC requirement.

Thnak you I was somewhat confused as well with that one.

Our school has a virtual library to aid our students. The virtual library has many reference materials and periodicals for research purposes, but also has many of our textbooks so our students can access their reading assignments with their laptop and internet access. This is a convenient feature many of our students enjoy.

m
m

MY SCHOOL AS WELL HAS A VIRTUAL LIBRARY AND IT IS AVAIALBLE 24/7 TO STUDENTS TO ACCESS

Sign In to comment