Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

modle 1

I feel like I have a good understanding. Thanks

Great Info

Have been a rep for 12 years, first time in Ohio Great info

Staying Current with Additional Training

Regulatory guidelines and state approvals can vary and may change from time to time. Does your school offer any unique ways to provide you with additional training to help you keep up with the changes?

One of the questions on the 1st quiz.

There was a question that said "Do only new reps that are not licensed have to take this online course?" The answer they are looking for I feel is not correct. I have a license/permit and have never taken this course until this year. So the answer should be False. The questions should read "Moving forward in the State of Ohio do current reps that hold a permit and new reps need to....etc"

Enrollment agreement and cancellations

In the event the student has signed the enrollment agreement but has decided to cancel his/her enrollment, they have 5 days to cancel provided the school is notified in writing that student wants to cancel..Interesting

staying up to speed @ all times.

Yes this on going training has greatly helped me continue my professional edu as a admissions agent & with more confident going forward.

Facebook

Since the Fortis "Columbus" Reps dont have computer's. I've found it helpful to facebook my prospective students....with the changing times it's the "in" thing do & you wouldnt believe the response's rather than leaving mesg after mesg.!!! I spend a least one hr every morning before work online contacting and setting up apts :) Great tool...plus it makes them feel more connected to that rep...with pics & all.

complete = perfection !

Making sure EVERYTHING is complete & accurate take time and patience....but it will keep you from having to do it twice. We all had easy it is to over look the smallest detail.

Us reps

It seems that us reps need to sometimes be reminded & updated from time to time. Therefore training is very important to all.

keeping up with training

would be nice if co-worker would be silent !

texting students works

it almost always works for me :)

Our Institution

It's not just a place that we work for. Understanding the background and mission of our institution can only help in executing our duties as representatives of the company.

Paperwork

We have to understand how important it is to have complete and accurate paperwork. It is easy to get caught up in focusing on just enrolling and forget that our paperwork must be in order. One mistake on our paperwork can cost our company a huge dollar amount in fines or other penalties.

Training

From what I have seen thus far; this seems to be what most reps that have been in the business for some time. Sometimes we get away from the basics that we learn when we first start. Training is essential when it comes to admissions and we all could use a dose from time to time.

BEST PRACTICES

What are some good practices to have as a Representative to be successful in this business?

Notebook Question

Does anyone's school provide them with a Notebook updated yearly?

accreditation

If accreditation is voluntary, why do so many schools do it?

Scaring away prospective students

Do prospective students get overwhelmed/scared when they come in for an initial interview and they are told everything about the program? Everything would include attendance, tuition, what they would have to know about to get in to that specific program that they are inquiring.

Texting

Is your school using texting to reach out to or communicate with students?

agent permit 2

I am an instructor at my school but required to sit in on recruitment meetings to answer questions pertinent to my field. Do I need an agent's permit? There will also be an agent present to lead the meeting.