Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files
O
O

Staying up to date and compliant

It is very important to stay current on policies and procedures, so that you can better represent your college.

I agree, it is very important to be aware of current policies and procedures. Keep in mind, these need to be revisited periodically, in order to be aware of any changes which may take place.

I agree and sometimes you can be the first to come across a change when that is the case it is importand to go to he DOA and make them aware of the change so they can get the info to others who may be working off of the same expired material

I strongly agree the more you know the better you can represent

Staying up to date and compliant is vital in our profession. I want to represent my school in the best possible way so I will make certain to stay up to date and compliant.

yes!!

We are a small school and the administrator does a nice job of managing the process and getting out the updates.

Totally agree, It is just as important to constantly make sure that everyone in the department and within the institution is on the same page and has the same understanding of any changes or updates so that no false information is given to prospective students and that we as a university know and understand policies and procedures so that nothing is slipped through the cracks. Training sessions, meetings are all vital on a regular basis to keep people aware and informed.

It is always important that you stay update with whats going on in the field so that prospective students get the most accurate information

Things are constantly changing - always be current and up-to-date on policies and procedures.

Without staying up to date and compliant you are hurting your school. When potential students come in, they want valid information. I would much rather tell a student that I'm unsure of an answer but will be happy to research it rather than provide incorrect information. When working with potential students, they will be able to tell if you are confident in what you are speaking about. In order to conduct an effective meeting it is vital to know the most up to date information.

I schedule time during each week to review websites so that I can stay as up to date as possible. It is easy to let it slip away, but our positions are extremely important and we cannot afford to be out of date with our information. I tell my assistant that I am not to be disturbed during my "study" time. It works for me.

100% agree being sure you are up to date and compliant is so important on so many levels. If you dont know it go find it out.

Sign In to comment