Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enrollment Agreement - It's more Than a Signature

Enrollment agreements are an opportunity to explain the expectations of the school in regards to policies and procedures. The enrollment agreement, both front and back, should be briefly touched on so the student is aware of the importance of reading and understanding the information.

I agree, the student should be very aware of the policies and procedures.

I have found that when you take the time to explain and discuss the enrollment agreement with the prospective student, the more they take ownership of their responsibilities. It definitely lessens any confusion the student will have post-enrollment.

It is not enough to just hand them the document and ask them to read it. They may skim it and not really understand. It is important to actually review the important concepts and ask if they understand BEFORE they sign

Absolutely. Not only on behalf of the school, but at that age the student should really want to know EVERYTHING that they are signing and getting involved in. This is why it is such a good idea to have a parent or guardian present during this process.

It is very important to go over each detail of the enrollment document with the student. Not only does this make the student more knowledgeable about the investment they are making by going to college, but also holds the student accountable. By going over the enrollment agreement with the student, you are providing in writing, important information with a clear and concise explaination before that student signs the document.

I find that in-depth explanation of the enrollment agreement puts the student more at ease at the conclusion of the meeting.

I think that's a good point! The less confusion later, the better. There is a lot of information to absorb and understand that the student will need throughout a program.

I have found it to be good practice to review the enrollment agreement not only with the incoming students, but with the student's entire support system. All parties involved in deciding if this is the right move for the student should understand the details of the enrollment agreement, so that the student can feel comfortable with the decision.

Misunderstandings often occur when a subject is covered too lightly. We have started reviewing (internally) areas that cause confusion with students, and try to use what we learn when we go over the enrollment agreement with a student.

I couldn't agree with you more. The more they have an understanding of what they are signing, the more they will feel that they have made an important decision on going appliying for school.

I definitely agree as well! This creates a trusting credible relationship between student school and Representative as well as abiding by by the law.

Karen,

I agree the enrollment agreement should be BRIEFLY touched on in the interview process. However the rep should place STRONG encouragement to the student to read the agreement closely and if they have questions on it to please call and we can discuss the issues or concerns at that time. However, an Admissions Representative should not spend a lot of time on the enrollment agreement if it is not necessary for that student.

Sign In to comment