Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advertising our school

It is important that we do advertise our school and adhere to the rules and regulations in doing so.

Avdvertising is a great way to add more students to your school. So when it comes to the rules and regulations how much knowledge do you have?

Agreed that advertising is very very effective. Referrals are the best way to recruit students!!

Advertising is another avenue that schools can utilize to reach prospective students. If a school is not utilizing these as a resource then they are missing out on a great opportunity.

Although advertising has been identified as a "great" way to increase enrollement....it is important to always remember to follow the regulations & guidelines set forth and to do it in compliance.

As someone who rarely reads advertisements or watches commercials, I am amazed at their effectiveness. Cost is always a factor, especially for smaller schools, but they do generate solid leads. Of course, following the rules and regulations in advertisements goes without saying.

Advertising is VERY effective. Now a days that is almost the only way to connect with that prospective student. It is also very important to stay within the rules and regulations and for the most part, we do not find it hard to do so and still get our message across.

In todays time.. adevertising is a great to generate leads.. they may not act at the moment when they see the advertisment.. but if they truly interested they will think of it later and call to get the information needed for the next step..

It is interesting how advertising has changed over the course of time. I would truly like to see a study that shows the most effective way to target today's prospective students. I mean print medium is dead, and subscription numbers clearly show that. Standard radio has almost died off as well, with everyone running around with ipods and mp3 players as part of their phone. That and the advent of satellite radio seems to be killing that medium. So whats left? Television? Even the TV is running its course as I talk to more and more families that are cancelling their television service and viewing their programming thru companies like netflix and hulu.

Seems to me the only answer for future advertising lies in the internet. The advances in internet marketing have soared on the past 5 years allowing micro targeting of groups and individuals with similar interests instantly. It will be interesting to see how laws and regulations adapt to the internet marketing as a main staple of the industry.

Yes advertising is a grat way to promote your school and get your name out in the community. I always wear my university shirts when i'm out in public or at an out door fuctions. People come up and want to know about wher I work and what we can offer. I love it!!!!

The advertising I was planning on doing for the school is to tell people I work here, and if they know of anyone who is looking to obtain the skills we offer. Also, when I am out and about at a restaurant, I sometimes leave my business card in the book.

I completely agree with this statement. Unfortunately, the print medium and tv is fading away. What is left are the phone calls which will always be around as well as internet. We need to utilize popular websites where students can see our advertisement and convince them to go to the website or call into hq.

Sign In to comment