Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Application fees

Are application fees becoming a thing of the past? How many schools still collect application fees?

Enrollment fee

What is the average enrollment fee for schools in Ohio?

Recruitment of out of state students

Does this mean establishing a permanent location or attending an temporary recruitment event? Or does this even go as far as calling in an inquiry that has an out of state phone number and address? Thanks,

Resource Notebook

With the links to all the resource websites, is that info channging daily or a few times a year. How often should you go back and review differnt links to keep up to date. If there are changes to any rules and regulations is there ever a notification to agents concerning new rules ever?

School Personal

Can school personal assit each other w/ there job responsibilites if needed. What areas could someone not assit if they were not an agent or certified thru the state of Ohio.

Free Enrollment

Where i work we are not title 4 funded and students can enroll or free. Are there alot of other schools that offer free enrollment? And do all title 4 schools require an enrollment fee?

A set process

In every admissions department there should be a step by step process for every single applicant. All of the paperwork should be organized and available to each rep to walk up and put a package together. The paperwork needs to be updated regularly for compliance. Checklist is an admissions representative’s best friend, it assures all of the steps and documents are completed and ready for the file. There really is no fast way to complete this process; it must be done diligently and with care. The entire college is at risk when files and admissions paperwork is not in line.

Information you need!

This information is needed in this type of work environment.

How to address a comparison to another school.

Obviously we are not to portray a negative light on any other school. However, I have found that there are some students who really want me to compare my school to another. I have always told them that I am only informed on my school and our programs, and proceeded by giving them facts about my school. Does anyone else come across this situation? How do you handle it?

Compliance is everything

Maintaining compliance is the key to your success. Compliance goes hand in hand with ethics, and just doing things right.

School Services are extremely important

It is required to know your school and all the services it provides. Different services are important to different people, and all prospective students should have detailed knowledge of the services at your institution.

The Admissions Process

The admissions process is the most important process of any institution, and thus it is required that admissions reps adhere to the policies set forth in the strictest manner.

Great course

The developing of the notebook is a fantastic tip to help keep organized all your information.

Refferal Program

Who would you have to go thru to get schools approved for a refferal program

Being in compliance

I see how important it is to have knowledge of enrollment, tranfering of credits, and overall seeking up to date information about the job. You will never know what questions a prospective student throw your way.

Great stuff

I have picked up alot on some very important points in this module. You would think we already know some things mentioned. This is a very great tool to be ongoing just for knowledge alone.

The guidlines need to followed.....

This module has cover in detail about the guidlines and precedures of enrollment. The student has the right to know what they are getting into as a prospective student. All fees must be outlined for knowledge.

Great source of information

I have found this Module to have a great source of information to be used in our daily jobs.

Online paperwork

My school went to online forms as well not too long ago. I like it much better. It's easier to keep track of things, less mistakes, makes the process of applying more efficent and cuts down on the cost as well.

Staying Compliant

At our school, we have to go through a certified admissions training every year. It's a three step process: 1)product knowledge test- where we are tested on every program in our school, the manual and policies/procedures 2) interview observation 3) tour certification This way we stay compliant and we are up to date on our product knowledge!