Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tuition information

Tuition information is of great value to the student and making the final decision. Don't you think?

I agree Jennifer... You nailed it!!! Do you think Students would agree to what youre saying?

Yes I do that way they know exactly what they are paying for

I also think that the information is helpful for the parents as well.

Absolutely!! Sometimes, students suffer from sticker shock. Students must compare apples to apples when selecting a program. Our tuition and fees include the total program costs.

I think tuition information is one of the main things that really help students out. A lot of the feedback I get from students is that they choose schools based on whomever contacts them first. Instead I think it should be more important for students to find a school that will assist them to become most successful.
Informing students of all tuition requirements will help them to be more informed, and assist them to find a good fit for their budget.

Many college graduates today are paying back student loans that total anywhere from $20K to $60K - some even more than $60K. There are statistics, with sources, available on the Internet that deal with what the average college grad has to pay back in student loans. I feel that college admission reps who are familiar with these kind of stats might be able to better address questions from prospects regarding tuition.

Many high school students and their parents believe that there is a lot of "free" money out there to help with a college education. However, I read a statistic recently that said only 10.6% of college students with family income less than $50K received scholarships.

College tuition should not scare anyone off from getting post-secondary education, but it is a topic that needs to be dealt with honestly and frankly by admissions and financial aid offices.

Buying an education is like buying anything else - try to spend your money wisely to get the best results.

The economy has dictated that tuition questions are a major part of information gathering.

I definately agree, Tuition information is one most important steps into making a final decision. Having this information can show the student exactly what they have to look forward to in the future.

Full disclosure of all tuition fees is required but also creates a trusting relationship between the student and the institution.

I do agree that tuition information is an added value to the student but not for the final decision. Having the cost of tuition available for the student shows that school has nothing to hide and it helps them compare. As for the final decision, I think it has a lot to do with what the University can offer the student and if the University has what the student is looking for. There are many added values beside the tuition.

It is important that students totally understand the total cost and commitment to enrolling and continuing their education to completion.

Especially for retention. the student has to know the total cost of there education

I think so. It is important that a prospective student know what their education is going to cost them. Ultimately, I think the basis for selecting a school should be about the programs that the school has to offer and whether or not those programs will meet their needs. Tuition is important but should not be the final factor in the decision to choose a school.

Yes! Many times the tutition information is the deciding factor for student's to attend. Having all of the information they need will help to have a trusting relationship with you and the student as they will feel you are giving truthful information and it allows the student to become informed.

I think tuition is very important, but I don't think it should be the final factor in deterrmining a school.

I think that the entire family should know that it is a family commitment,not only to receive but to REPAY financial aid.

Yes, as well as placement stats since the majority of students attend school to get a job.

Yes...it is ethical and legally correct.

Yes, as well as placement information since the majority of students attend our school to get a job or a better job.

Sign In to comment