Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keeping Up-to-Date

What are your plans to add any missing information and to keep up-to-date with any changes made?

I plan to organize a meeting with all of my admissions / front office staff, to go over all of these issues, and together develop an ongoing schedule of tasks to get all of our required info up to date, and regularly check for changes and updates to keep it current. I plan to rotate the duties, so everyone will take turns making sure all is correct and updated, so each of them is cleary aware of this information at all times.

On an annual basis, we review the policies and procedures at our institution and update documents as necessary. Typically, this review takes place in the 4th Quarter of each year, as part of our institutional compliance and annual budgeting meetings. About two weeks ago, we conducted an ad hoc review of the admissions documents (enrollment agreement, handouts, marketing ads) and identified a few items that could be clarified. As part of this investigation, we reviewed CIE rules and regulations and it is amazing how you discover new nuances. You must continous review your information and the regulations.

To keep up to date I plan to communicate with other departments more and put the information I gather in my resource notebook. I also would like to sit in on a lecture as suggested in this module, to experience what students are going through.

We have meetings with each department head to make sure we are up to date with any new laws.

Certainly, all the information placed in my notebook are very important and useful. But, I always carry some of my business card in my pocket. This is a marketing strategic when you're in the road and find a prospect student but you are unable to give him all the information regarding your Institution. Trust me, if the student is faithfully concern about your college, he will call you!

Finally, I will arrange a "most frequent asked questions handout" and keep with my notebook. This handout will help me in the admissions process when the students ask me about your future studies. Probably, they will like to know about financial aid applications due date, alumni activities and how to enroll in the association, extracurricular activities, holidays, graduation date, tuition period, and so on.

I believe you have a great set-up. Your idea of a FAQ section will also help other agents in your organization. Outstanding¡

Is a daily duty to keep update of any new information on the institution.

Evelyn,
Keeping update may also include interviews with program chairs, visiting classrooms, speaking with Career Services personnel.

Although I am up-to-date in most areas, this section of the course made me realize that I need to keep in closer contact with our sales/marketing team. I am not always aware of new marketing efforts, targeted marketing or e-mail blasts. I plan to discuss this with our COO and come up with a plan where I'll either sit in on sales / marketing meetings, or get an e-mail updating me on new marketing efforts, with new marketing materials attached. In this way I'll keep my Resource Notebook updated as well as being better informed as to how our prospective students are finding out about our school.

Alyse,
Great idea! You will then "see" the same material your prospective students are seeing.

My plans are to meet with department heads every month to discuss any updates or changes. Also, by keeping the lines of communication open all departments become better aligned to assist in students needs.

I would keep-up-to-date by continuing going into the Web-site to up date on any changes in the programs. Also I would have excellent communication with the Director, etc.

Since im not located in the actual campus, what we intend to do is to have conference calls and continuous emails about the information that happens at the campus

Marcia,
Goodcommunication is important. Technology has provided us excellent communication tools when we can't be there in person.

To stay current with changes, I will continue attendance to all-staff meetings, admissions meetings, and departmental meetings. Such gatherings provide opportunities to learn of changes as well as the tools to align with the changes. Additionally, our institution has multiple resource sites which also document changes. Diligent efforts to read these sites and attend meetings will help keep me up to date.

Josue,
Good communication with others is key. Having the ability to ask questions and engage in dialogue increases awareness and educates all involved.

The Tortoise Disciple (i.e., keep working at it.) Because relationships are strong with my institution, constant communication and regular research will continue to add to my body of knowledge. Some of that knowledge will be fixed in my brain, other issues will need filing in the Resource Book. Keeping up to date will be a process, not an event.

William,
Your philosophy is great. The learning never stops but being ready and willing is the key.

We have a monthly meeting to go over any policy changes or legal changes that we need to be notified about.

Sign In to comment