Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The agent's requirement---thoughts and feelings

Informative!! Incredible amount of information goes into the training course for an Admission Agent.Great responsibility also. Interesting Title and a great cm 201 training course indeed.

Being new to the course title, I am honored to be able to actually be a part of the study course.

Being an Agent Admission means esnuring your institution meet all the rules and regulatory guidelines and licensure required by the state. An Agent responsibility is to ensure your Resource Notebook is always up-to-date and current. That you know all the departments and what's going on in each department at all times. Regular up-dates are a must, therefore scheduling for up-dates are also important to maintain compliance..This training and responsibility will assist an agent to envelope a certain amount of required discipline.

Being an Admission Agent is also new to me, but as the course title suggest, this course is more than just for an agent this course is for school directors,it's for any one in a supervisor role in a school, it could be a requirement for every new school director, the idea of the resource book excellent idea.
This course reminds you that there are so many rules and regulations to follow, and the need to stay update is vital to maintaining the regulations.

The course is very informative and although I have been in Admissions for many years, it is always helpful to go back and have these types of reviews.

my thoughts and feeling about the agent's requirements after completing the course is that the agent has a number of responsibilities and they are a key in changing a prospective student s lives when enrolled into a program.

Being an admission agent to me means that we have to have up to date information at our fingertips at all times because we are responsible for accurately representing the school we work for and we are also responsible for relaying all the information to our prospective student so they can have an accurate overview of what it would be like to study a particular career in our school and set realistic expectations about what they can accomplish in their professional career.

Jesus,
Excellent! Your confidence presents itself!

I agree, I have seen schools who state in ads that they have 100% pass rates and you will be making 18-20 hourly, this is horrible especialy when the student can't find a job afterwards

Patrice,
Definitely misleading. There are no guarantees.

I agree. I have been an Admissions Agent for several years and the most important part is given the potential student the accurate information they are expecting. This way they can make the best educated decision for continuing there education.

I am walking away with a good refresher on important things to keep in mind as an admissions representative. This helps with the overall exerience a student could have about any school and is a positive.

Linda,
Refreshers are good in that they make sure we are on top of our game.

I am brand new to this course title, Admissions Agent, and I must admit that it seemed rather daunting to me before I took this course.

This course enabled me to become more organized in both my thoughts and my approach to this new facet of my professional life. What can seem like a lot of (frankly) mundane administrative jargon has become much more clear in not only specific roles and responsibilities, but in also their legal justification for existing.

The resource notebook may seem like an elementary operational tool, but its importance is highlighted again and again throughout this course. Regardless of how long we have been performing in an occupational capacity, sometimes we all need just a little refresher in our roles, responsibilities, and duties to our students, who are in fact, the reason we are all here.

Thank you all for your input.

Whitney,

Great advice! It is always beneficial to revisit and relearn.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment